10 Ways to Wake Up With Lovely Locks
Do you sacrifice beauty prep for beauty rest? We’ve found 10 hairstyles that will help you feel good about sleeping in (which you should) by letting you wake up ready to go. Complete all these looks before you go to bed, rise and shine and your hair is done for the day. Slap on some makeup, and consider yourself well rested, put together and beautiful!
1. French Fishtail Slip Braid: This look starts with a French braid, then transitions into a fishtail and ends with a slip braid. Finish your masterpiece with hairspray before hitting the sack. In the morning, you’ll look like you woke up early to create this knockout braid. (via Brit + Co)
2. Wavy: Separate your hair into four sections, and create four rope braids. Then, wind the two back braids around each other until a chignon is formed. Wrap the other two sections around the chignon. In the morning, simply unwind the braids and tousle your hair with your fingers. P.S. We are loving the braided chignon, too! If you don’t feel like letting your lock loose, rock it in the AM for an elegant look! (via Refinery29)
3. Sock Curls: All you need for this look is a sock. Cut the end off that sock and roll your hair up into a sock bun. When your alarm goes off the next day, unroll and spritz with hairspray for extra hold. (via Lovelyish)
5. Braided Bun: Want to rock a French braid, mini braids and a ponytail in one style? Do this ‘do the night before and douse with hairspray for extra hold. In the AM, show off a head full of braids! (via Brit + Co)
6. Fishtail Bun: You can do this look right after your shower. Just put your hair in a tight ponytail and fishtail braid your pony. Then, wrap your braid around until it forms a bun and pin in place. Spray all over with hairspray. This look is especially good for all you stomach-sleepers. (via Hair Romance)
7. Mega Volume: Get tons of volume while you sleep with a stocking. Put your hair in a high pony, wrap a few Velcro rollers in the pony and cover it with a stocking. In the morning, take the rollers out, toss your hair a few times and head for the door. (via Fox in Flats)
8. Sock Bun: You can create a sock bun with a tube sock or a hair donut. After creating a tight ponytail, just roll your hair over the sock, creating a bun. You can do this before bed with wet or dirty hair. The best part? The sock bun serves as an extra pillow ;) If your bun falls a little during the night, unroll the bun for wavy hair! (via Wedding Chicks)
9. Friar Tuck: This two-in-one look is an overnight ‘do that will last you multiple days. For the initial look, simply tuck damp hair into a headband. Go ahead and sleep on it. Add dry shampoo in the morning for ready-to-wear hair. The next day, take the tuck out and rock effortless waves. (via Aunie Sauce)
10. Va-Va-Voom Hair: Can you believe you can get this look overnight?! After your shower, let your hair dry a bit. When it’s just damp, create rag curls by rolling sections of hair over strips of paper towel or a soft sponge. In the morning, unroll the curls and gently separate the coils for added volume. (via Refinery29)
Love these overnight hairdos? Which will you try tonight? Tell us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)