Get Out the Door in 10 Minutes With These Beauty Hacks
The Queen of Snooze — it sounds so regal, doesn’t it? But to most of us, it feels more like a tornado of panic as we run around in circles trying to get ready. Big decisions are being made in mere milliseconds: To shower or not to shower? Probably not. How important is blush really? Very important. Is matching our lipstick to our shoes really necessary? Always. We’ve gone ahead and rallied a set of tips and tricks we like to think of as Snooze Queen Boot Camp. Here are 16 beauty hacks that will get you up and out the door in 10 minutes flat.
1. Skip the Morning Cleanse: We know this sounds bananas, but as long as you’ve washed your face squeaky clean the night before, it’s not the end of the world if you skip a day here and there. Just remember: Toner. Moisturizer. SPF. And go. (via Michelle Phan)
3. Start With the Eyes: If leaving sans eye shadow is a no-no for you, get your eye shadow on first. This prevents you from wasting precious time picking flecks of pigment off your foundation. (via Prevention)
4. Pinch Your Cheeks: No time for blush? Not a problem. Back in the day ladies were aces at creating a natural blush by pinching their own cheeks. Get to it. Pinch those apples ’til they’re nice and rosy. (via College Candy)
6. Microfiber Towel: Alright, miss speedster, you’ve managed to fully shower in three seconds flat. Well done. Don’t let that towel hold you back. Get your osmosis on and dry your tresses quicker than you can say microfiber. (via Glo)
10. Perfect Cupid’s Bow: No more fussing with lip shape. We ain’t got time for that. Wrangle that lipstick in by laying down the law with this easy-peasy tip. And don’t give us no lip about it. (via Makeup)
11. Nighttime Braids: Want perfectly wavy hair without sparing those few extra minutes of shuteye in the morning? Throw your hair into braids post p.m. shower, sleep and voila! You’ve got mad style sans the work. (via Glo)
12. Three Minute Contour: Can’t go without that contour, huh? Neither can we. Might as well make it quick. We recommend practice rounds ’til you perfect it. Think fire drills for your face. (via Beauty Banter)
14. Knotted Braid Side Ponytail: This is something you’ll probably be into — easy hairstyling you can do just about anywhere: on the train, in the bus, at your desk. No prep time is needed, and sans mirror is best. Change things up on the regular… because you can. (via Goldfish Kiss)
15. Eye Makeup With Your Fingers: Who’s got time for brushes when you’re trying to catch the train? Not us. Make use of that index finger, pat on your favorite eye shadow and get to steppin’. (via The Beauty Bean)
16. Go Rouge: There’s no better way to look put together than with a set of rouge lips. Full makeup, sans makeup, hair up, hair down — throw on your favorite lips and make any prep time look complete. (via Makeup.com)
Share your morning beauty hacks with us below!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.