Get Out the Door in 10 Minutes With These Beauty Hacks
The Queen of Snooze — it sounds so regal, doesn’t it? But to most of us, it feels more like a tornado of panic as we run around in circles trying to get ready. Big decisions are being made in mere milliseconds: To shower or not to shower? Probably not. How important is blush really? Very important. Is matching our lipstick to our shoes really necessary? Always. We’ve gone ahead and rallied a set of tips and tricks we like to think of as Snooze Queen Boot Camp. Here are 16 beauty hacks that will get you up and out the door in 10 minutes flat.
1. Skip the Morning Cleanse: We know this sounds bananas, but as long as you’ve washed your face squeaky clean the night before, it’s not the end of the world if you skip a day here and there. Just remember: Toner. Moisturizer. SPF. And go. (via Michelle Phan)
3. Start With the Eyes: If leaving sans eye shadow is a no-no for you, get your eye shadow on first. This prevents you from wasting precious time picking flecks of pigment off your foundation. (via Prevention)
4. Pinch Your Cheeks: No time for blush? Not a problem. Back in the day ladies were aces at creating a natural blush by pinching their own cheeks. Get to it. Pinch those apples ’til they’re nice and rosy. (via College Candy)
6. Microfiber Towel: Alright, miss speedster, you’ve managed to fully shower in three seconds flat. Well done. Don’t let that towel hold you back. Get your osmosis on and dry your tresses quicker than you can say microfiber. (via Glo)
10. Perfect Cupid’s Bow: No more fussing with lip shape. We ain’t got time for that. Wrangle that lipstick in by laying down the law with this easy-peasy tip. And don’t give us no lip about it. (via Makeup)
11. Nighttime Braids: Want perfectly wavy hair without sparing those few extra minutes of shuteye in the morning? Throw your hair into braids post p.m. shower, sleep and voila! You’ve got mad style sans the work. (via Glo)
12. Three Minute Contour: Can’t go without that contour, huh? Neither can we. Might as well make it quick. We recommend practice rounds ’til you perfect it. Think fire drills for your face. (via Beauty Banter)
14. Knotted Braid Side Ponytail: This is something you’ll probably be into — easy hairstyling you can do just about anywhere: on the train, in the bus, at your desk. No prep time is needed, and sans mirror is best. Change things up on the regular… because you can. (via Goldfish Kiss)
15. Eye Makeup With Your Fingers: Who’s got time for brushes when you’re trying to catch the train? Not us. Make use of that index finger, pat on your favorite eye shadow and get to steppin’. (via The Beauty Bean)
16. Go Rouge: There’s no better way to look put together than with a set of rouge lips. Full makeup, sans makeup, hair up, hair down — throw on your favorite lips and make any prep time look complete. (via Makeup.com)
Share your morning beauty hacks with us below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.