18 Oversized Bouquets for Your Big Day
We know you’re dead set on using your wedding budget wisely. And while florals are an investment, they’re also an easy way to add big color and big drama to your decor and style. We’re loving the current oversized bouquet trend in the wedding world… it’s a clear case of bigger being better! Whether you opt for real blooms or a crafty fabric + paper option, as your down-the-aisle bouquet or as a whimsical photo prop, these 18 oversized florals definitely deserve a place at your wedding.
1. Succulent Rose Bouquet: We love that the large bouquet trend can be interpreted in many ways — Sure, you can just have a massive amount of flowers, or you can switch up the standard bouquet size by incorporating one or two large blooms for drama. (via Ruffled)
2. Gargantuan White Paper Flower: Legit, this flower goes from the ground up to the bride’s shoulder. You’ll look like you popped straight out of a fairy tale with this bloom preceding you down the aisle. (via Grey Likes Weddings)
3. Hans Christian Andersen-Inspired Paper Flower: The bride’s mum created this masterpiece out of watercolor paper that she hand painted in peaches and pinks to accompany her Danish storybook wedding. (via 100 Layer Cake)
4. Large White Dahlia: We all have those go-to statement pieces in our closets, so how about a statement bloom instead of a bouquet? We’re loving this fabric-wrapped dahlia. (via Brittany Rene Photography)
5. A Plethora of Pink Peonies: We’re pretty sure there isn’t a girl alive who doesn’t love pink peonies. Carrying a garden worth of them in your arms pretty much sounds like a dream come true. (via The Sweetest Occasion)
7. Pink Tissue Rose: This bride described her nuptials as classic, timeless, elegant and a little earthy. There’s nothing more classic than a pink rose, but swapping a fresh bloom for this large, paper version def ups the whimsy factor. (via Glamour + Grace)
9. Natural French Country Bouquet: We want this bouquet in our arms on the Big Day, and on the kitchen table every other day of the year. Good thing we just took an awesome floral arranging e-class. (via Ruffled)
15. Single King Protea: If you’re digging the single flower bouquet idea, you can also rejoice that it means you can afford to splurge on a unique flower. This King Protea is a perfect example. (via Love + Lavender)
16. Apple Orchard Bouquet: Who said bouquets could only be made of flowers? We love that this bride took inspiration from her surroundings and incorporated some apples to reflect her orchard venue. Can you say va-va-volume? (via Ruffled)
18. Organic Herbal Bouquet: Using herbs in the bouquet is one idea we wish more brides would get on board with. They’re a pretty and special filler, plus certain herbs can pull double duty by repelling unwanted bugs. (via 100 Layer Cake)
What are your favorite floral trends for weddings? Talk it out in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)