A Dozen Projects Using Patterned Paint Rollers
Paint rollers have taken patterns and paint to a whole new level where you can pick an extremely intricate pattern and then use that roller to create a wallpaper effect. From floor to ceiling, you can use patterned rollers to decorate just about anything. Paint patterns onto fabric for pillows, aprons, tote bags and bunting, or paint it onto paper for pretty gift wrap or drawer liners. The possibilities are endless and the patterns are gorgeous, so check out these 12 projects to start the creative process “rolling.”
1. Painted Pillows: The fun thing about paint rollers is that you can do all different colors, but keep the same pattern. You could do all your decorative throw pillows with a delicate floral pattern but mix and match the colors for a fun look. (via Decoracion de Interiores)
2. Flock Bird Roller ($35): Put a bird on it with this awesome roller! If you want to try making wallpaper out of paint, try drawing faint lines to keep your hand from painting a wavy pattern.
3. Gift Wrap: No matter what the season, you can always use some pieces of pretty gift wrap, and now you can make your own with a pretty paint roller! Just buy some inexpensive brown paper, and you’ll have gorgeous gifts whenever you need them. (via The Painted House)
4. Tapet Pattern ($35): These are floorboards that were painted using a roller! This look would be adorable in a kids’ playroom or even in a shabby chic kitchen.
6. Twig Pattern ($26): Go for a soft and delicate look by painting this pretty pattern in a nursery or guest bedroom. The nice thing about a smaller pattern is that it will be far less noticeable if you happen to mess up a bit.
8. Painted Lampshade ($35): If you want to upcycle a lampshade, give it an upgrade with a new painted pattern. Paint rollers are perfect for this project because they’ll give you a nice even paint job in one quick roll.
12. Drab to Fab Drawer: Our friends over at BrightNest came up with a use for the patterned roller — sprucing up boring drawers with pretty paper liner. We don’t know about you, but we’re calling in sick and heading home to start this project stat. (via BrightNest)
What project would you want to paint with a patterned roller? Let us know in the comments below!
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!