12 Blue Ribbon-Worthy Recipes Made With PBR
Remember the time you threw a party and ended up with a few too many cans of PBR left over? Next time that happens, you’re in luck. With its smooth, full-bodied flavor and a lower price point than your typical craft brew, the lager lends itself nicely to recipes both savory and sweet. These 12 brewski-enhanced recipes are just what you need when you tire of sipping on the suds solo. With goodies from entrees to dessert to choose from, you can even make a whole meal out of these selections!
1. PBR-Braised Pork Ribs With Cheerwine BBQ Sauce: Braised in a slow cooker then finished under the broiler, these fall-off-the-bone tender ribs are even better sans grilling. (via Dinner Was Delicious)
2. Country Cupcakes: If camouflage frosting and American-flag wrappers are too country for you, not to worry. It’s easy to transform these these sweet-salty, chocolate-vanilla swirl cupcakes into more elegant-looking bites. (via Kailley’s Kitchen)
3. PBR-Steamed Mussels With Tasso and Spring Onions: You’ll definitely want to have tons of crusty bread on hand to soak up every last drop of the delicious, slightly smokey and spicy beer broth. (via Tasting Table)
8. Beer Can Chicken: It may look a little silly to cook a chicken this way, but the flavor and juiciness that results will make you a believer. The spicy BBQ rub applied beforehand isn’t anything to snub one’s nose at either. (via Food52)
10. PBR Waffles: Light and fluffy on the inside and crisp on the outside, these beer-laced waffles go to show that a cold one can be a welcome addition to brunch. Because why should bubbly get all the credit? (via Macheesmo)
11. Beer Braised Brisket: Cooked in a mix of seasonings, broth and PBR, this brisket turns out melt-in-your-mouth tender every time. After cooking, the veggies and meat are set aside while the cooking liquid is transformed into a flavorful gravy to pour over top. (via Fresh and Foodie)
12. Compost Cupcakes: You’ll find a little bit of everything mixed into these chocolate cupcakes — coffee, chocolate chips, coconut, oats, potato chips and a cake donut (yes, really) are all folded into the batter. (via Pink Patisserie)
Which of these PBR-laced recipes piques your interest? Ever used the brew to cook or bake with before? Let’s talk in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)