Remember the time you threw a party and ended up with a few too many cans of PBR left over? Next time that happens, you’re in luck. With its smooth, full-bodied flavor and a lower price point than your typical craft brew, the lager lends itself nicely to recipes both savory and sweet. These 12 brewski-enhanced recipes are just what you need when you tire of sipping on the suds solo. With goodies from entrees to dessert to choose from, you can even make a whole meal out of these selections!
1. PBR-Braised Pork Ribs With Cheerwine BBQ Sauce: Braised in a slow cooker then finished under the broiler, these fall-off-the-bone tender ribs are even better sans grilling. (via Dinner Was Delicious)
2. Country Cupcakes: If camouflage frosting and American-flag wrappers are too country for you, not to worry. It’s easy to transform these these sweet-salty, chocolate-vanilla swirl cupcakes into more elegant-looking bites. (via Kailley’s Kitchen)
3. PBR-Steamed Mussels With Tasso and Spring Onions: You’ll definitely want to have tons of crusty bread on hand to soak up every last drop of the delicious, slightly smokey and spicy beer broth. (via Tasting Table)
8. Beer Can Chicken: It may look a little silly to cook a chicken this way, but the flavor and juiciness that results will make you a believer. The spicy BBQ rub applied beforehand isn’t anything to snub one’s nose at either. (via Food52)
10. PBR Waffles: Light and fluffy on the inside and crisp on the outside, these beer-laced waffles go to show that a cold one can be a welcome addition to brunch. Because why should bubbly get all the credit? (via Macheesmo)
11. Beer Braised Brisket: Cooked in a mix of seasonings, broth and PBR, this brisket turns out melt-in-your-mouth tender every time. After cooking, the veggies and meat are set aside while the cooking liquid is transformed into a flavorful gravy to pour over top. (via Fresh and Foodie)
12. Compost Cupcakes: You’ll find a little bit of everything mixed into these chocolate cupcakes — coffee, chocolate chips, coconut, oats, potato chips and a cake donut (yes, really) are all folded into the batter. (via Pink Patisserie)
Which of these PBR-laced recipes piques your interest? Ever used the brew to cook or bake with before? Let’s talk in the comments!