11 Pear Dessert Recipes That’ll Make Fall Even Tastier
What is it about fall that instantly makes us think about apples? They are *literally* everywhere on tables, pies, on toast, and quite frankly, it’s getting old. We think it’s officially time for pears to get the attention they deserve. And before the haters talk about the grainy texture, we’re here to show them how versatile the fruit can be. For 11 pear dessert recipes, keep reading below.
1. Baked Pears With Honey, Cranberries, and Pecans: Even the pickiest eater can see that this baked pear recipe is worth giving a shot. A drizzle of honey sweetens while the cranberries give them some tartness and the pecans add crunch. (via This Gal Cooks)
2. Butternut Squash, Apple, and Pear Crisp: All of fall’s produce superstars met in one bowl and the friendship is absolute perfection. Each bite of the ginger-laden crisp is out of this world. (via Edible Perspective)
3. Mini Pear Caramel Cheesecakes: It’s almost a crime not to like cheesecake, so you know it’ll be a crowd favorite. Make it seasonal with pear puree-infused caramel sauce. We suggest a couple of slices of pear as well, because why not?! (via Country Cleaver)
4. Roasted Pear Puff Pastry: For an insanely simple dessert when you don’t have time (or want) to go all out, just grab puff pastry. Top it with a heavy smear of cream cheese and canned pears. Plus, it has enough dulce de leche to transport you to South America. (via The Tiptoe Fairy)
5. Pear Cookie Crisps: Crunch away those sweet cravings with these cookies made out of rolled oatmeal, grated ginger, flax seeds, and flaked coconut. Chopped soft pears and a drizzle of caramel will be just what you need to stick to your healthy guns. (via Healthy Nibbles and Bits)
7. Vegan Gingerbread Pear Crumble: This recipe is proof that you can make a decadent dessert that’s healthy and vegan too. The chopped and peeled pears are spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and ginger. (via Healthy Slow Cooking)
9. Drunken Pear Ginger Bread: In case the description didn’t give it away, these bosc pears are soaked and simmered in crisp white wine. Grated ginger gives this loaf its flavor and sophistication. (via Broma Bakery)
10. Tuaca and Roasted Pears: We know what you’re thinking so we’ll just answer it: Tuaca is a citrus and vanilla spiced liqueur. Pour it up and all over roasted halved pears for a glorious gobble. (via Wonky Wonders)
11. Pear Custard Pie: For a dessert this pretty, you’ll never guess that it was made in less than an hour. We’ll let you in on a little secret: The creamy custard that’s enveloping the softened pears is made in a blender. Sprinkle confectioner sugar on top for that *WOW* effect. (via Dinner at the Zoo)
For more fall inspired desserts, follow us on Pinterest!