13 Apple Recipes to Prep Your Sweet Tooth for Fall
We’ve spent the last few months getting our fill of blueberries, strawberries, and cherries, but it’s time to turn our attention to fall’s seasonal goodies. And no, we don’t mean pumpkin spice. We’re talking about the fabulous apple. When blended into treats with cinnamon, maple syrup, and brown sugar, the fruit takes on a glorious deep flavor that will make you forget about those hyped-up lattes in no time. Here are 13 apple-filled dessert recipes.
2. Apple Crumble Pie: With store-bought pastry/pie crust (ain’t no shame in it!), this glorious dessert takes less than an hour from start to finish. Top it off with icing sugar and gooey caramel for the ultimate treat. (via Everything Homebaked)
3. Apple Pie Marshmallows: Homemade marshmallows get a mouthwatering crumb-coating made up of pulverized freeze-dried apples, and it’s life-changing; You may never bake an apple pie again. (via Bakers Royale)
5. Caramel Apple Cheesecake: If your love for caramel apples knows no bounds, this cheesecake will rock your world (and save your teeth) with a sweet layer of apples, crunchy nuts, and a topping of warm oozy caramel. (via Friday Is Cake Night)
8. Gluten-Free Apple Pie: For purists, the only apple-filled dessert that matters is a classic apple pie — and this one is towering with sweet, crispy layers of cinnamon-spiced apple filling. (via The Loopy Whisk)
9. Apple Rose Cupcakes: It doesn’t have to be Valentine’s Day in order to indulge in these perfectly baked apple rose cupcakes — pulling them out of the oven alone creates a special occasion! (via What Should I Make For…)
10. Spiced Apple and Yogurt Cheesecake Crumble: This confection has it *all* with a creamy yogurt-based cheesecake filling, spiced Granny Smith apples, and the sweet crumbly top we covet. (via Wholesome Cook)
11. Vegan Two-Crust Apple Pie: If you think the flaky and brittle crust is the highlight of an apple pie, you’ll fall head over heels for this double crusted vegan twist. It’s brimming with apples and covered in flaked almonds, and it’s absolutely delish. (via SomeGreenLife)
12. Pineapple Apple Upside Down Croissant Cake: If you take your average pineapple upside-down cake and add crisp apples, flaky croissants, and crunchy pistachios, magical things happen. (via SugarLoveSpices)
13. Portable Apple Crumble Jars: These adorable jars make indulging on the go easy, and they’re great for picnics! With a custard core, these gems are delectable whether served warm or cold. (via Kitchen Sanctuary)
Follow us on Pinterest for more seasonal recipes!