Upgrade Your Turkey Table With These 27 Placemats
Placemats — they’re the middle sister of the dining world, always overshadowed by sparkling silverware and cute china. But hey, you can’t dress a pretty table without ’em. Dipping temps mean you have lots of holiday bashes to plan, and we’ve got you covered tablescape-wise with these 27 totally cute placemat picks. Now you just have to remember if the salad fork goes on the left or the right.
1. Vinterfint Placemat ($4): This IKEA placemat, woven with natural materials, runs circles around the competition.
3. Crochet Table Mat ($40): Channel your inner cool grandma when you set the table with these retro babies.
5. Gingham Check Placemat ($8): Imbue your table with a classy Scottish vibe, courtesy of these smart checks in cool colors.
6. Bunting and Banner Paper Placemat ($26): We all know it’s true: The best restaurants are the ones with paper tablecloths and crayons. Bring the fun home with these chic paper placemats. Be sure to have guests write their names in the banner!
8. Center Stripe Woven Placemat ($12): Keep it simple with a single solid stripe in an interesting color for a major graphic punch.
10. Water Hyacinth Placemat ($56): Go au naturel at the table when you use woven, dye-free mats like these.
11. Grey Vertical Strokes Placemats ($25): Bring a touch of abstract whimsy to dinnertime with chic mustard and grey striped mats.
12. Food for Thought Placemat ($12): For those of you who like their food to talk back, we present these jaunty, chatty placemats.
14. Stem Orange Placemat ($8): The repeating vine pattern and bright, happy color is super easy on the eyes. Your plate will be pleased to call this mat home.
15. Blue Rosemary Placemats ($25): A sprig of rosemary always adds a special touch. And a whole field of them, like on this mat, really spices things up.
17. Ecru Cotton Crochet Placemat ($24): With super pretty crochet details spun out of a soft off-white cotton, this mat is winning in our book.
18. Light as a Feather Placemat ($5): Nothing says fall dinner party quite like a placemat covered in funky feathers.
19. Fuschia + Cherry Leaves Placemats ($25): Mix, match and be merry. These colorful pieces of art can be mixed in with any table linens. In fact, we sorta encouraged it.
20. Threshold Placemet- Set of 4 ($16): A light pattern on cotton (which can be easily washed after wine spillage) will please all of your guests. Pinkie promise.
21. Bloc Jameson Placemat ($24): Another placemat that knows how to play well with others — mix with anything to create a one-of-a-kind table masterpiece.
22. Indigo Tie Dye Accent Placemat ($14): A little bit boho, a little bit classic. You can choose from four colors (we recommend grabbing one of each) to make your table really pop.
23. Cherry + Yellow Triangles Placemats-Set of 4 ($25): Holiday red, check. Washable placemat, check. Mixes with other placemats, check check.
24. Flatware Black Paper Placemats ($26): Don’t be afraid to go dark for a dinner party. These chic placemats were inspired by photograph negatives. They’re positively stunning and come in a pad of 25.
25. Birdcage Popmat Paper Placemat-Set of 10 ($26): A placemat inspired by children’s pop-up books… how awesome is that? Your adult guests will feel young again and your nieces/nephews/etc will think you’re super cool.
26. Round Placemat with Beads ($36): Constructed of vines from a remote jungle, these handmade beauties are a labor of love. It takes up to seven days to weave the design alone.
27. Gold Confetti Paper Placemats ($26): Party on. Cue the confetti. A paper placemat featuring gold metallic confetti makes us oh-so-happy, especially when they come in a pad of 50.
Which placemats are you dying to decorate your table with? Tell us in the comments below!
(additional reporting by Britt Feder)
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.