Dinner can be such a daunting task: You had a hard day at work. The emails kept piling up in your inbox. The phone wouldn’t stop buzzing. Then it’s time to think about dinner… and how many times do you opt for take-out because it’s just so much easier? But then we feel guilty about the dusty skillet and the money we just spent on delivery. It’s time to get off that merry-go-round (not to mention, save the planet). Before you order-in another pizza, take a look at these 20 super easy dinner ideas that’ll be on the table in under 30 minutes. We’re not kidding.
1. Baked Macaroni ‘n’ Cheese: Set aside the boxed mac ‘n’ cheese because we all love the homemade stuff better anyway. This recipe uses extra cheese and is dinner-ready in 30 minutes. (via Garnish and Glaze)
2. Chipotle Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas: Quesadillas are the perfect dish to serve at your al fresco dinner. The chipotle chicken featured in these make them a surefire crowd-pleaser. (via Krafted Koch)
3. Ginger Shrimp and Broccoli Stir-Fry: Incorporating ginger into your dinner is probably not your first thought, but paired with shrimp in this stir-fry will make you think twice about keeping it in your kitchen. (via Life’s Ambrosia)
4. Cheesy Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup: Cooking a classic, fancy dish like Chicken Cordon Bleu can be time consuming, but when it’s transformed into an easy soup it’s the most brilliant idea ever. Same taste, less effort. We approve. (via Parade)
7. Broccoli Cheddar Pot Pies: Pot pies are a perfect autumn meal, and this recipe gets a little grown up with the classic. Stash the chicken and use broccoli and cheese for a new taste in an old favorite. (via Oh My Veggies)
8. Cajun Chicken Pasta Skillet: We love Cajun food just as much as the next gal, but we especially love this recipe because it includes homemade Cajun seasoning. Do you even realize how much flavor this could bring to your kitchen? (via Creme De La Crumb)
10. Spinach Pancakes: Kids giving you grief about eating their veggies? Sneak a healthy dose of spinach into these gluten-free pancakes and serve with maple syrup or honey. We won’t tell if you don’t. (via Healthy Nibbles and Bits)
11. Herbed Potatoes With Kielbasa and Corn: Throw some sausage and veggies together and sauté for an easy dinner dish… not to mention all the possibilities for variations here. (via Barefeet in the Kitchen)
14. Sushi Bowl: This is an amazing idea to appease those sushi cravings. Chop your favorite sushi ingredients instead of rolling them up and pack more goodness in each bite than you might in a rice-heavy roll. (via Veggieful)
What is your go-to weeknight dish? Tell us below!