22 Plus-Size Dresses to Wear to All Your Spring Weddings
Ok, so we still have a few weeks left of winter, but if your spring calendar is filling up fast with weddings and engagement parties, now is the time to start thinking about what you’re going to be wearing to all these fabulous events. We love any excuse to throw on a party dress, and there’s no more ideal an occasion than a wedding. For spring, we’re all about embracing bright colors and playful prints and patterns that celebrate the season and give off good vibes. Of course, there’s always the classics too — navy blue and metallics are always stunning and totally versatile. From elegant floor length gowns to pretty, preppy frocks, we’ve pulled together 22 plus-size dresses that will get you through wedding season in style.
1. Little Mistress Plus Floral Placement Plunge Neck Skater Dress ($107): Panels of pretty pink blooms liven up this navy wrap dress for a stunning look that’s fit for spring.
2. Violeta Blond Lace Fitted Dress ($160): Save the white lace for the bride. This bright coral number feels fresh and fun without losing that classic touch.
3. Eliza J Belted Metallic Tulip Dress ($113): Semi-formal events call for a little bit of shimmer, and that’s where this two-tone metallic number comes in. Metallics are crazy versatile, so once the warm weather becomes a thing of the past, you’ll be able to whip it out again for all your holiday parties.
5. ASOS CURVE Scuba Midi Dress with Jewelled Neck in Longer Length ($120): Not only is this gown totally glam, it’s no fuss too. Just slip it on and you’re done — the blingin’ neckline is all the adornment you need. Pair it up with sparkly shoes and a cool clutch with enough room for a tissue or two to wipe away all those happy tears.
7. Little Mistress Plus Embellished Halter Neck Maxi Dress ($98): You’ve probably heard that you can’t wear red to a wedding, but we say it’s time to forget all of those out-of-date rules. Rock this fiery frock for a semi-formal or formal outdoor affair.
8. BB Dakota Plus Meira Metallic Jacquard Dress ($180): You might want to leave the bold black and white zebra print at home, but a subtle animal print like this reptilian-inspired bronze jacquard is totally appropriate for a semi-formal wedding. Pair it with metallic heels and gold accessories for a classy, polished look.
9. Lauren Ralph Lauren Plus Cap-Sleeve Lace Shift Dress ($194): Simple and classic, this blush lace dress has some serious re-wear potential. Wear it to a wedding, the office or a casual night out. And if you’ll be standing by your bestie at the altar, this makes for a slightly more affordable and versatile alternative to the traditional bridesmaid dress.
10. ASOS CURVE Exclusive Bandeau Jumpsuit in Scuba ($83): For a casual or semi-formal soiree, jumpsuits are more than fair game. The key to pulling off this one-piece look is to choose a tailored silhouette and fabrics that feel sleek and polished.
11. Adrianna Papell Plus Cap-Sleeve Beaded Sequined Gown ($359): Casual weddings are on the rise, but you never know when you’ll be invited to a formal or white-tie event. For spring, forget the fancy black dress and opt for gowns in lighter hues with plenty of shimmer and glitz.
12. Eliza J Print Jersey Sheath Dress ($128): Vibrant horizontal and vertical stripes jazz up this simple curve-skimming silhouette without being distracting or loud.
13. ASOS CURVE Exclusive Dress With Ruffles In Longer Length ($41): Light, airy and undeniably feminine, this ruffled violet dress feels just as romantic as the occasion itself.
14. Lipstick Boutique Plus Lace Overlay Sweetheart Maxi Dress ($90): This floor-length gown trades out sequins for lengths of lovely lace, but is still totally fitting for a formal occasion.
15. Violeta Decorative Seam Dress ($160): Channel the occasion’s good vibes with bright cheerful colors, like this vibrant shade of bubblegum pink. Post-wedding, it’s the ideal piece to brighten up your work wardrobe.
16. Little Mistress Plus Floral Lace Panel Pencil Dress ($92): You’ll be the picture of perfection in this incredibly elegant pencil dress. The lace side panels create a gorgeous hourglass shape, while the off-shoulder neckline feels subtly sexy.
17. Mesh Contrast Dress ($100): You can’t go wrong with a LBD. And with a polka-dot illusion neckline, cap sleeves and a flattering A-line shape, this sweet flirty number makes for a winning look to take you through “I do” season.
18. Lafayette 148 New York Plus Faith Dress ($568): An abstract print in bold shades of green elevates this timeless shift from work staple to work of art.
19. Marina Beaded Empire Waist Dress ($189): Lots of sparkle and a flattering design that allows for easy movement — super ideal, because you’re going to want to be busting a move out on the dance floor – make this a spot-on choice for a semi-formal fête.
20. Bonne Jovial Dress ($65): Draped, off-the-shoulder straps, softly gathered details and a sweetheart neckline make this flowy chiffon frock worthy of a celebration.
21. Forever21 Metallic Geo-Patterned Dress ($28): Amazing style without breaking the bank is an concept that seriously jibes with us, which is why we’re diggin’ this silver geometric stunner. Go classic black for all your add-ons, or add a fun splash of color with vibrantly hued accessories.
Got a social calendar full of weddings? Tell us what you plan on wearing in the comments!
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.