12 Products for People Who Hate Clutter
Let’s be real: We all have too much stuff. Too many clothes, too many shoes (we know, perish the thought), too many knick-knacks, kitchen tools, and tiny random items that we end up throwing in drawers. And there are some people in the world who absolutely cannot stand the sight of clutter. The idea of a “junk drawer” horrifies them. Keeping our housekeys strewn in a random corner rather than in a key bowl puts them in a sweat. It’s the sight of an organized and tidy home that excites them the most. And we all know at least one person who is dedicated to a clutterless lifestyle (even if it’s you), which can make things tricky when it comes to gift giving. Instead of giving them more stuff, opt for things that help them keep their home spotless and junk-free. (You’ll want some of these things for yourself too!)
1. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo ($17): If they haven’t already devoured this book by the organization queen herself, they simply must give it a read. Kondo’s unique approach to creating a tidy and organized home has helped millions of people.
2. Amazon Kindle Paperwhite ($130): Do you have an overflowing bookshelf? While we would never recommend you get rid of every single book you own, you can still off-load some of the titles you don’t really care about or have already read and get some digital copies that can be easily and tidily stored on a Kindle.
3. Animi Causa Doorman Key Holder and Hook ($24): Sometimes, even a key bowl seems like too much clutter. For people who really want a dedicated space for absolutely everything (or just lose their keys a lot), this adorable and handy key hook is an excellent addition to the entryway.
4. Urban Outfitters Chalkboard Wall Storage Organizer ($79): Get that pesky clutter off your desk and into something that’s far more accessible and eye-pleasing. This organizer can keep all your important items neat and clean. Plus, you can write important deadlines on the chalkboard back.
5. iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum ($317): Sometimes clutter also means all that dust and debris that’s constantly on the floor. If you struggle to keep your floors so clean you can eat off them (not that you actually would), employ this robot vacuum to sweep them spotless.
6. Urban Outfitters Bamboo Entry Way Organizer ($118): Those of us who aren’t lucky enough to have a dedicated mudroom can improvise by getting some extra storage. But you don’t have to resign yourself to plastic bins to keep your everyday shoes and umbrellas. This pretty bamboo organizer is both function and aesthetic rolled into one. So efficient. Tidy people love efficiency.
7. Bud, Of Course Mini Vase Set ($30): Not into keeping giant plants or herb gardens on your sill? No worries. You can still bring the outdoors inside with these adorable minimalist bud vases that look wonderfully coordinated on any surface without making it look busy.
8. Periea Handbag Organizer ($8): How many lip balms, packs of gum, tubes of hand lotion, pens, and other tiny items have you lost in your bag over the years? Don’t spend another second digging through your gigantic purse. Grab this useful insert that will help you organize all of your little odds and ends.
9. Shoe Slotz Space Saver ($17): Okay, okay. Even if you’re trying to stay clutter-free, we won’t suggest getting rid of your shoes. Instead, you can store them in a much cleaner way with this space-saving closet organizer. Hey, more space for shoes!
10. Urban Outfitters Trigem Tabletop Jewelry Stand ($29): As much as those trinket dishes look cute on your dresser, they can get awfully cluttered. This simple jewelry stand helps you keep all of your favorite jewelry neat and easy to access without having to deal with tangles.
11. Storage Boxes ($25+): Instead of having all of your clothes, accessories, games, or random things strewn around the house, keep them cleanly tucked away in these storage boxes. The larger version can even store bigger items like blankets and pillows.
12. Clear Stackable Organizer Trays ($2): Transform that junk drawer into one you’re not embarrassed to open. These clear trays will make sure you can see all of those odds and ends neatly put in their place.
Do you have any recommendations for clutter-free gifts? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.