10 Artisanal Foods You Have to Try
You know there’s going to be DIYing, photo booths and shopping maker goodies galore at Re:Make SF, coming up on September 13th. But we have another reason you need to get excited: artisanal treats. Mmm, that’s right, the Saturday festival is the ideal opportunity to stock up your pantry with crazy cool treats and condiments, all crafted by our favorite makers. Here are 10 noms we can’t wait to try!
1. The Filthy Pig Brittle ($7): This treat is a local legend! How can you say no to brittle made with bourbon, pecans, and bacon?!
2. Glittered Cake Pops (6 for $36): Sweet + sparkly = instant party treat. Wouldn’t these make a fun dessert for the birthday girl? You can buy these fancy pops at Re:Make or in the Brit + Co Shop — or you can make your own version at home.
3. Owl’s Brew Coco-Lada Mixer ($16): Meet your bar’s newest staple. This handcrafted black tea-based mixer is made with chai, coconut and pineapple. And it’s surprisingly versatile: It pairs well with champagne, vodka, rum and even stout beer! (Also available in the Brit + Co Shop btw!)
5. Salted Crunchy Caramels ($5): What’s better than caramel? Oh, that’s right — caramel that’s drenched in chocolate and topped with sea salt. Don’t want to take our word for it? These babies were voted best caramels at the 2011 SF Chocolate Salon.
6. Sweet Treaty Dark Chocolate-Covered Rice Cakes ($6): More perfection in sweet snack-form. AND they’re gluten-free and vegan! *Slow clap*
7. Lemonbird Kumquat and Pistachio Jam ($12): Dress up them drab crackers with this unusual and tasty condiment. (Good to have on hand for unexpected company, too!)
8. Cardamom Blood Orange Macarons ($2 each): Another unconventional and super tasty flavor combo. Two thumbs up!
10. The Two Night Stand ($7): This is Sugar Knife’s take on a mint chocolate chip marshmallow — but with creme de menthe, creme de cacao and dark chocolate shavings. Because everyone should try a boozy marshmallow at some point in their life.
Which noms will you be sure to grab? Tell us in the comments below!