If you’re a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants kind of person who doesn’t like to plan out meals, then eggs are probably a constant in your kitchen. Whether they’re for a protein-filled breakfast or a last-minute dinner, eggs are a total lifesaver AND budget friendly. Since you’ve met your monthly quota on the Benedict variety, it’s time to venture into the world of wondrously delicious *shakshuka.* Typically, the Israeli dish consists of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, chili peppers, and onions, but the flavor possibilities are infinite. Scroll down for 15 shakshuka recipes that’ll satisfy for any meal.
2. Artichoke Shakshuka: It’s safe to say that your weekend brunch will never be the same, now that this artichoke shakshuka is in your life. Make sure you have plenty of crusty bread on hand for sopping up that savory sauce. (via Half Baked Harvest)
3. Green Shakshuka With Kale and Collard Greens: If you have trouble getting your daily allowance of greens in every day, start your morning off with this wholesome shakshuka. Sitting down to a hearty breakfast like this one is better than a smoothie any day. (via Healthy Nibbles and Bits)
4. Shakshuka With Spinach and Harissa: If the smell and spice of harissa in the morning aren’t enough to wake you up, no amount of coffee will help. Try serving in miniature skillets for adorable individual portions. (via Love and Lemons)
6. Grilled Shakshuka Pizza: Shakshuka isn’t exclusive to being baked in cast-iron skillets. Roll out your favorite pizza dough and top with a peppery tomato sauce, crumbled feta, and whole eggs for one heck of a dinner. (via The Modern Proper)
8. Shakshuka Quiche: Why choose between a quiche or shakshuka for breakfast? Enjoy the best of both worlds by making the standard savory quiche custard and then cracking a few whole eggs on top. (via Brooklyn Munch)
9. Shakshuka With Kale and Sausage: This Paleo version of shakshuka is a meat lover’s dream. It’s full of protein-filled sausage and plenty of eggs to keep you full all day or all night. (via The Paleo Running Momma)
10. Shakshuka Hamantaschen: Don’t scramble to find a dish to take to your brunch potluck. These shakshuka hamantaschen are a fun play on the two classic dishes and will be the talk of the party. (via What Jew Wanna Eat)
11. Shakshuka Poached Eggs in Tomato Sauce on Toast: If you’ve ever questioned how to turn shakshuka into an elegant dinner party starter, wonder no more. Simply poach eggs in a flavorful tomato sauce and spoon over crispy grilled bread. Your life will never be the same. (via White on Rice Couple)
12. Easy Slow Cooker Shakshuka: You really CAN make anything in the slow cooker. With zero effort and three hours, you can have a comforting and filling breakfast, lunch, or dinner. (via Tasting Table)
14. Roasted Eggplant Shakshuka: If traditional shakshuka doesn’t seem acceptable for dinner, try adding ingredients like roasted eggplant to make it more appealing. Serve over the top of rice and you’ll have a complete and delicious feast. (via The Brick Kitchen)
15. Spicy Chorizo Shakshuka: If you like things spicy (who doesn’t?), then listen up. Flavoring your shakshuka with Spanish chorizo ensures a major flavor punch, and a hefty pinch of red pepper flakes will bring the heat that you’re always looking for. (via Always Order Dessert)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.