19 Warm Dessert Recipes for All of Your Winter Sweets Needs
Winter is the time of year to hone your baking skills. After all, there’s nothing cozier than cuddling up on the couch with a soft blanket and a tray of warm brownies, fresh from the oven. A mug of spiked hot chocolate sipped in front of the fire does the trick too, and we’d never turn our noses up at a serving of slow-cooker bread pudding. But there’s actually a whole world of heartwarming desserts to explore. If you really want to take your winter coziness to the next level, check out these warm dessert recipes.
1. Ramekin Molten Chocolate Cookie: We’re baking up a ramekin cookie with a molten chocolate core, because sometimes you just really need a decadent indulgence.
2. Grilled Fluffernutter: This nostalgic bite has all the stuff you love: mallow fluff, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and butter.
3. Vegan Apple Hand Pies: When you want something sweet but don’t have a lot of time, this recipe does the trick. Warm apples are tucked into flaky puff pastry for a dessert that you’ll make again and again.
4. Molten Lava Cakes: Oh-em-gee! You’ve had more than your fair share of chocolate lava cakes, but it’s time to try our take on this classic, covered in whipped cream and sprinkles.
7. Deep-Fried Pineapple Rings: Pretend like you’re on vacation, and dredge tropical pineapple rings in a coconut flake batter. Fry them up, serve with piña colada sauce, and prepare to feel like your on a private island.
8. Coconut Flour Brownies: We usually think of picnic style brownies as a summer dessert, but not so anymore. When served warm out of the pan and à la mode, brownies are appropriate any time of the year.
9. Apple Pie Tacos: If you love apple desserts, this treat is right up your alley. Filled with fruit and drizzled with a warm custard sauce, it’s a fun departure from the usual apple pie.
10. Chai Mug Cake: There’s one thing in this world that seems to make a cake even better, and that’s when it’s baked and served in a mug.
11. Cinnamon Bun Palmiers: Take the concept of cinnamon rolls and translate them into crunchy puff pastry cookies, complete with that amazing glaze.
12. Hot Fudge: It turns out you don’t need much to make a mean hot fudge. Drizzle it on your choice of dessert, although we’re partial to scoops of salty caramel ice cream.
13. Churro Chips: Brush ready-made naan with melted butter and toast up with cinnamon sugar. But it’s the warm fudge and caramel sauces that really make this dessert stand out.
14. Cassava Flour Brownies: This recipe gives new life to brownies in a big way, thanks to the addition of gluten-free cassava flour instead of traditional wheat.
15. Red Velvet Brookie: Red velvet isn’t just for cake. This cookie bar features red velvet and chocolate chip layers. Serve it warm with milk, of course.
16. Marshmallow Popcorn Balls: Your fave marshmallow treats can be made with popcorn instead of Rice Krispies for a savory-sweet take on the classic.
17. Apple Fries With Caramel Cheesecake Dip: For a dessert as fragrant as it is flavorful, try these dip-able fruit fries. The caramel cheesecake stands no chance of survival.
18. Nutella Cookie Pizza: This warm dessert, known as Pizookie in some parts, is all about add-ins. We swirled in Nutella and banana to keep it moist in the center.
19. Gingerbread Bread Pudding: Pumpkin pie spice becomes downright luxurious when layered with maple syrup and molasses. A scoop of ice cream is all you need to really take things to the next level.
If you’re drooling over these dessert recipes, visit us on Pinterest for even more cozy winter meal ideas!
(Photos via Brit + Co)
Additional reporting by Lena O’Neal