For many of us, 2016 was a doozy but we here at Brit + Co are ready to hit refresh in 2017! Follow our Hit Refresh series through January for new ideas, hacks and skills that will help you achieve (and maintain!) those New Year’s resolutions.
You have a ton on your plate these days. On top of being a total girl boss, you’re trying to start a new fitness routine and stay healthy, all while getting dinner on the table quick. Take a deep breath — you’ve got this. Accomplishing it all may seem like an impossible feat, but with the help of healthy slow cooker recipes and quick clean meals, the execution is a piece of low-carb cake. To simplify it even further, we’ve gathered 20 clean eating recipes that will keep you healthy and get you out of your dinner rut once and for all. Get your Pinterest board ready and keep reading to make your wholesome grocery list.
1. Five-Ingredient Lemon Chicken With Asparagus: Chicken is the ultimate protein when it comes to healthy and fast meals. Pair it with lemon-pepper seasoning, asparagus and honey butter, and you’ll have a staple recipe that’s ready in a flash. (via Pinch of Yum)
2. Easy Healthy Baked Lemon Chicken: Whether you serve it with rice, pasta or potatoes, this versatile baked chicken will stand out. Just make sure to give lemons a permanent home on your grocery list and you can make it whenever you like. (via Creme de la Crumb)
3. Super Quick 30-Minute Clean Eating Chili: You have to have a token chili recipe in your arsenal at all times. This one’s hearty, full of protein and fiber and you can even save some for lunch the next day. (via Clean Eating Recipes)
4. Cilantro-Lime Chicken With Avocado Salsa: When Chipotle isn’t an option, make your own cilantro-lime chicken and chunky avocado salsa with ease. Eat on top of crispy romaine or brown rice with black beans and corn to make it a full meal. (via Joyful Healthy Eats)
5. Vegan Coconut Curry With Sweet Potato Noodles: When you’re feeling frazzled and you don’t want to cook, it’s OH-SO-tempting to grab that takeout menu. Refrain from over-indulging and whip up this fully vegan, GF and clean meal that’ll rival your favorite curry. (via Food Faith Fitness)
6. Mediterranean Boneless Pork Chops: They don’t call pork chops the other white meat for nothing. When you grow tired of chicken night after night, these Mediterranean chops will revive your love for healthy eating. (via Skinnytaste)
7. One-Pan Healthy Sausage and Veggies: Sheet pan meals are essential in your weeknight recipe repertoire. You have to consider cleaning time as well as cooking time, and this dish has the minimal amount of each. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
8. One-Pan Kung Pao Chicken Zoodles: Swapping zoodles for regular noodles is the easiest way to lighten up a meal. Try it with this spicy Kung Pao chicken dish and you won’t miss the carbs one bit. (via Life Made Sweeter)
9. One-Pot Burrito Bowls: Why not make your burrito naked? No, we don’t mean expose yourself to your dinner. Nix the chemical-laden flour tortilla and instead, make a burrito bowl with all of your favorite toppings. (via I Heart Nap Time)
10. Paleo Skillet Beef Fajitas: If you’re trying to incorporate more Paleo meals into your clean eating regime, you can’t get much better than beef fajitas. Try serving them in lettuce cups for an interactive hand-held meal. (via A Healthy Life for Me)
11. Herb-Crusted Salmon: You can’t go wrong when it comes to salmon. It’s buttery, quick-cooking and full of healthy fats. Simply cover with mustard and coat with breadcrumbs and herbs before baking on high heat. (via Peas and Crayons)
12. 30-Minute Honey Dijon Salmon With Apple Farro: This sweet and savory dish is a complete meal with major health benefits. Seriously, you won’t be able to get enough of this crisp apple farro. (via Dishing Out Health)
13. Spicy Shrimp and Cauliflower Mash With Garlic Kale: Clean dinners that you can also serve on date night are hard to come by. Pair this spicy shrimp with a glass of red wine and the two of you definitely won’t feel deprived. (via Pinch of Yum)
14. 30-Minute Thai Turkey Meatballs: Mixing shredded veggies in with ground turkey adds flavor, moisture and nutrients to your meatballs. Be sure to slather them in a coconut milk and curry sauce before presenting your masterpiece. (via iFOODreal)
15. Smoky Tempeh Tostadas With Mango Cabbage Slaw: Your meatless Monday just got a serious upgrade. Take a break from tofu and experiment with these fresh and flavorful tempeh tostadas — you won’t be disappointed. (via Emilie Eats)
16. Spicy Garlic Shrimp and Quinoa: When you get home from work totally famished, you don’t have time to think about fixing separate sides and a main dish. This way, you can scoop everything on your fork and ease that hunger you’ve been feeling for hours. (via As Easy As Apple Pie)
17. Baked Bell Pepper Tacos: This stuffed pepper meets taco hybrid is calling your name. You can even prep these ahead of time and have them ready to pop in the oven when you get home. (via Peas and Crayons)
18. Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta Salad With Kale and Artichokes: No one said you have to give up pasta to eat clean. Go for a gluten-free quinoa penne and you can have your fix whenever you crave. (via The Healthy Maven)
19. 30-Minute Quinoa Enchilada Skillet: Even the pickiest of kids (or adults) will love this Mexican-inspired skillet. Throw a bit of shredded cheese on top and you can get them to eat just about anything. (via Jessica in the Kitchen)
20. Turkey Corn Chowder: Soup’s on! Even if you think you have nothing to make for dinner, you probably have all the ingredients you need to prepare a comforting pot of healthy turkey and corn chowder. (via Diethood)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + healthy weeknight meals.