12 Celebs Rockin’ the Short, Edgy Cut
Sometimes the whole #longhairdontcare turns into #longhairreallydocare and you’re ready for a change. And by that, we mean a major change. Ever want to just cut it all off? It seems like short, edgy cuts are the trend in the celeb world these days. From Kristin Stewart to Emma Watson, some of our fave A-listers have made the switch, and it’s given us some serious hair inspo. Scroll through to see 12 of our faves.
1. Kristin Stewart: This Twilight megastar hasn’t quite gone full-pixie yet, but we’re totally into it. Add a pomade or balm to your hair to get textured spikes like Kristin’s. (Image via Byrdie)
2. Kaley Cuoco: The Big Bang beauty shocked us all when she went *way* short in the hair department. Tuck one part of your hair behind the ear and add a statement earring to complete Kaley’s edgy-chic vibe. (Image via @normancook + Featured Image via @kaleycuoco)
3. Anne Hathaway: Anne Hathaway isn’t the first person you’d think of when making a list of daring hair trendsetters, but something about this inch-long ‘do makes her oh-so-edgy. (Image via People Style Watch)
4. Emma Watson: This Harry Potter star absolutely ROCKS the pixie cut. She’s a personal fave, and we think she should keep it forever. Yep, you should definitely bring this picture to your next salon appointment. (Image via Reel Movie Nation)
5. Kimberly Caldwell: How fun is Kimberly Caldwell’s long in the front, short in the back style? Run a 1-inch curling iron through the front to create a perfected look that frames your face just so. (Image via I Heart Radio)
7. Michelle Williams: A tousled coif is perfect if you want the “I’m not actually trying” look, and Michelle Williams has it down. If Louis Vuitton approves, we approve. (Image via POPSUGAR)
8. Shailene Woodley: We’re still oohing and awing over The Fault In Our Stars, mainly because we just can’t get over how great Shailene Woodley’s new ‘do looks in it. Talk about a #transformationtuesday. (Image via The Hollywood Reporter)
9. Portia de Rossi: Ellen’s other half chopped her locks a couple years ago and has been sporting the short style ever since. We can totally see why. Use a little gel and some hairspray to get this epic look. (Image via Parade)
10. Jennifer Lawrence: JLaw’s not only a movie star, but she also takes the cake for amazing hair in the celeb world. We can’t say we were mad when she swapped her long look for this short cut. Get Jennifer’s style by separating individual pieces for an undone vibe. (Image via POPSUGAR)
11. Miley Cyrus: Is it just us or does Miley have a different hairstyle every month? Her near-pixie cut keeps her looking fresh on the reg, especially in this shoot with Elle UK. And the platinum blonde? We like. (Image via Daily Mail)
12. Julianne Hough: If you aren’t willing to take the plunge and go for super short style, then fake it. This DWTS star’s updo is proof that you can look like you have mini tresses with just a few bobby pins and (we’re guessing) a lot of hair spray. Go ahead, take a stab at it. (Image via InStyle)
Would you sport an edgy short cut like these daring celebs? Which one was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.