13 Slow Cooker Cobblers to Make Your Labor Day Feast a Breeze
If you’re looking to transition your desserts from summer into fall, cobbler recipes are the way to go. All the ripe seasonal fruit like berries and stone fruit are still available, but it’s a warm and comforting dish for that first sign of crisp in the air. Skillet peach cobbler is great for camping, but for those times when you’d rather be spending time with family and friends (like, Labor Day!), slow cooker cobbler is the way to go. Below you have everything from summer fruit crisps to blackberry cobbler, all of which take little to no effort and will knock your socks off. Dust your crock pots off and keep reading for 13 recipes that will make your Labor Day cooking a breeze.
1. Slow Cooker Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler: This four-ingredient cobbler showcases summer’s most notorious summer produce. Strawberry and rhubarb are a classic match, and they flavor this simple cobbler perfectly. (via 365 Days of Slow Cooking)
2. Slow Cooker Berry Cobbler: If you like having ALL the berries in your cobbler, then listen up. Four cups of mixed berries go into this dessert, which means there’s no shortage of them for you to gobble up. (via Food Fanatic)
3. Cake Mix Apple Cobbler in the Crockpot: It doesn’t get much easier than making cobbler in the crock pot out of canned apple pie filling and boxed cake mix. Throw a scoop of ice cream on top and everyone will think it’s homemade. (via Amanda’s Cookin)
5. Slow-Cooker Sweet Cornbread Blackberry Cobbler: When you get tired of the same old cobbler recipes, this cornbread blackberry concoction will get you out of your rut. The cornbread is crunchy and sweet, pairing well with tart fresh blackberries. (via Betty Crocker)
6. Gluten Free Cranberry Peach Cobbler: Cooking for guests who are gluten-free can be challenging, but it’s not as hard as it looks with this super-simple recipe. Just whip up this cobbler using gluten-free pancake mix, and everyone will be happy. (via The Magical Slow Cooker)
7. Slow Cooker His and Hers Cobbler: To hack this dessert, simply split two fruit pie fillings in the bottom of your slow cooker, then spread the cobbler filling all over the top. Now you have two cobblers instead of one! (via The Magical Slow Cooker)
8. Pineapple Crisp: You maybe wouldn’t think about putting pineapple in a crisp, but it’s the perfect late-summer fruit choice. The surprise topping is crushed Ritz crackers tossed with butter and brown sugar, so it’s crunchy and sweet, but not too heavy. (via Noshing With the Nolands)
9. Slow Cooker Apple Crisp: Apple crisp is a traditional dessert that’s served all year long, and simply *adored* by all. This slow cooker version takes out all the guesswork, so you can relax on your day off. (via Kristine’s Kitchen)
10. Slow Cooker Blueberry Peach Cobbler: Mixing the flavors of blueberry and peach makes for one tasty cobbler. Try using frozen fruit so there’s one less thing you have to worry about. (via Kristine’s Kitchen)
11. Slow Cooker Coconut-Peach Cobbler: Taste a bit of the tropics by adding coconut to your standard peach cobbler. The topping is made with almond and coconut flour, which are not only delicious but Paleo-friendly too. Top with coconut ice cream to bring the whole thing together. (via Destination Delish)
12. Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler: Using fresh peaches and homemade cake mix sets this peach cobbler apart from the rest. If you’d rather let the true sweetness of the fruit shine instead of adding a ton of sugar, we suggest you make this ASAP. (via Don’t Waste the Crumbs)
13. Persimmon Cobbler: If you can find persimmons for your Labor Day bash, this cobbler has to be on the menu, no question. Apple butter adds a comforting spice that will make your house smell AH-MAZING. (via She Knows)
Follow us on Pinterest for more slow cooker dessert ideas.