Stars are a classic symbols of the holidays, but they are also a sneaky way to keep your holiday decorations up way after Christmas. They effortlessly glide from cookie stars to tree garlands and then, ta-da, there they are as New Year’s decorations. See? Told you those stars were sneaky. Add a personal touch to your decor with these 20 DIY projects, all celestially inspired and sure to become the “stars” of your holiday decorations.
7. Starry Advent Calendar: Embrace those trendy Scandinavian vibes with this simple advent calendar. The kids will love hanging each star on the wooden dowel tree as the countdown to presents begins. (via Nalle’s House)
8. Paper Straw Ornaments: No glue gun is required to make these little ornaments, so they are the perfect project for the kids. Or for adults who always manage to hot glue their fingers together… ahem. (via Bluet & Clover)
9. Paper Tube Ornaments: You’re probably going to go through a few more rolls of toilet paper this holiday season, so recycle those empty rolls into cute stars and spray paint with metallic colors. (via The Clutch Guide)
10. White and Copper Wreath: Wrap a simple copper wreath with mini string lights and decorate with white stars of various sizes for a cool, modern piece of decor. Or put on a bird on it if you want to go the hipster route. (via Live it. Love it. Make it.)
13. Printable Mini Super Stars: These three-dimensional stars can be printed on any color paper, making them the perfect addition to that party you’re planning. Hang a bunch of them together to create a centerpiece or string them together as a garland. (via Oh Happy Day)
15. Toothpick Stars: It doesn’t get much easier than wrapping toothpicks together with washi tape. If you’re in need of a quick gift topper, you can whip one of these guys up in a matter of moments. (via Oh! Crafts)
18. Modern Christmas Cards: Use a paper punch to cut out stars or buy stickers and arrange them into the shape of a tree for a stylish and modern card that’s totally doable at the last minute. (via Northstory)
19. Beaded Star Tree Topper: If it’s time for that tree topper to retire, look no further than this beaded star. Make the beads out of air dry clay or buy unfinished wooden beads for a natural look. (via Fall for DIY)
Which is your favorite star craft? Tell us what DIY holiday decorations you’re making in the comments below!