While we try to eat vegan or vegetarian a few nights a week, sometimes you just crave a big, juicy steak. But preparing it at home can seem daunting; there are so many different ways to cook a cut. Keep reading for easy recipes that place seared sirloin, coffee-rubbed ribeye, and sous vide steak all within your reach. Once you’ve mastered these techniques, you’ll feel confident cooking up any steak that catches your eye at the grocery store.
1. Perfect Cast Iron Skillet Steak: You don’t need a ton of fancy equipment to cook a mighty fine steak. Just get your classic cast iron skillet on the stove, and a tasty dinner is on its way.
2. Coffee-Rubbed Steak With Chili-Lime Butter: Toss out the A-1 sauce — this flavorful steak just doesn’t need it. It gets a one-two punch of flavor thanks to a spiced coffee rub and a pat of zesty chili-lime butter.
3. Open-Face Steak Sandwiches: When meat’s on the menu, you don’t want to waste your appetite on bread. Skip the top slice and make these open-face steak sandwiches instead.
4. Thai Steak Salad in a Jar: A sturdy salad that can last in a jar until lunchtime is one of our favorite meals, especially since it can be made ahead. The steak in this recipe soaks up the dressing all morning, so it’s perfectly marinated by the time you eat.
5. Sous Vide Steak: Properly cooking thick cuts of steak is easy if you have a sous vide machine. It ensures you get your ideal level of doneness from the center of your steak all the way to the exterior, which you can then quickly sear in a pan to give the meat more flavor. We don’t know what’s better — the juicy pink meat inside or the caramelized crust!
Find more meaty marvels on our Pinterest page.
(Photos via Brit + Co)