Snowed in? 16 Minimal Material DIYs to Get You Through Storm Juno
Winter Storm Juno is headed into the Northeast this week and may have already snowed you in. We’re no weatherman, but we can give you one piece of useful advice: you should probably stay inside. After you’ve exhausted your entire DVD collection and Internet surfing abilities, why not use this extra indoor time to get creative? We know you can’t exactly get to the craft store in the middle of a total white out, so here are 16 things to make with supplies you probably already have in your house.
2. Pom Pom Wreath: Get your house ready for spring with a colorful wreath made from yarn pom poms. This tutorial calls for a wreath form, but if you don’t have one, some cardboard and hot glue should do the trick. (via SheKnows)
4. Magazine Bowl: Use up those stacks of magazine to create this fun bowl that can hold all the knick knacks currently cluttering up your space. All you need to get them to stick together is a little bit of Mod Podge. (via Crown Hill)
7. Plastic Spoon Mirror: Blow everyone’s mind by creating this stunning chrysanthemum-inspired mirror using plastic spoons, spray paint and cardboard. Even if you don’t currently have a mirror on hand, just make sure to create it according to the measurements of one you plan on getting. (via Little Things Bright Smiles)
8. Fabric Scrap Twine: Transform all those awkward-sized fabric scraps into twine! Here’s a project that doesn’t take all your concentration; if you want something to do while watching a movie, this would be perfect. (via Youtube)
10. Floating Heart Backdrop: Slip into the Valentine’s Day spirit and make this adorable floating heart backdrop. This DIYer used fishing wire to make the hearts look like they’re floating but if you’re in a pinch, some white thread should work just fine. (via Hank and Hunt)
12. Gold Staples: If you’re really short on crafting supplies, how about one that only requires a sharpie and staples? Simply color the staples to make your print-outs a little more exciting. (via House of Huntley)
15. Geometric Photo Display: Even though this minimalist frame looks like it’s made of metal, it’s actually made out of string! Use tiny binder clips, colorful paper clips or even painted wooden clothes pins to show off your best memories. (via The Caldwell Project)
16. Clay Bead Statement Necklace: Go back to your summer camp days and use some clay to create fun, chunky beads. To take this look to the next level, you could even marble some of them. (via Brit + Co)
How are you planning to keep yourself busy during Storm Juno? Share your ideas with us in the comments below.