What to Make This Weekend: Super Bowl Bingo, Heartthrob Cookies + More
Quick show of hands: Are you more excited for the Super Bowl or for Valentine’s Day? Okay, now let’s hear it for the people who are so busy rocking their New Year’s resolutions they didn’t even realize February is MONDAY — major props to you! If you’re looking for a way to let out some creative energy this weekend, harness that obsession with a little DIY action. Whether you’re a lover of football or chocolate, these 12 DIY projects will get your game face on for February and all the heart-shaped glory it brings.
1. Heartthrob Cookies: Pick a heartthrob, any heartthrob. Then shove them into your mouth for the perfect sweet treat. These heart-shaped cookies are great for your Galentine’s Day party or to bring into work next week. (via Brit + Co)
2. Super Bowl Bingo Printable: Whether you’re a hardcore football fan or someone who watches the game as an excuse to eat the food, you and everyone at your party will get a kick out of playing Super Bowl bingo. Stock up on stickers or pieces of candy to keep track and start brainstorming the perfect prize to give away. (via Studio DIY)
3. DIY Resolution Wheel: Flashback to the chore wheel, except without that pesky “make your bed” task popping up. If you’re feeling a little overwhelmed after a month of keeping track of all your resolutions, simplify the coming months with a time management wheel. How does it work? Just give it a spin and set your intention for the day. (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Patterned Vase: Doesn’t matter the occasion — everyone needs a gold-foil patterned vase in their lives. Whether you’re expecting roses from your bae or you’re setting up a Galentine’s party, those pink and red blooms will look so good in gold. (via Sugar & Cloth)
5. DIY Citrus Refresher: Okay, we’re not saying this refresher will replace your Super Bowl beer, buuuuut it might come in at a close second. Thanks to healthy ingredients like citrus juice, sea salt and natural sweetener, it’s also the perfect post-workout drink. Skip the sugary energy drinks and chug this vitamin-rich rehydrator instead. (via Brit + Co)
6. DIY Stitched Tote Bag: Don’t worry, you don’t need good handwriting to rock this stitched text DIY. Use alphabet letters to spell out a message (bonus points if it’s from a favorite show like Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) and then stitch around each one. Peel off the stickers and you’ve got yourself an empowering tote. Galentine’s gift favors maybe? (via The Homesteady)
8. DIY Gold Foil Heart Box: Don’t count on a store-bought box of chocolates to tell your boo how much you love them. Pick up a heart box at a craft store and decorate it with paint and gold. Because nothing says “love” like gold foil. (via Tell Love and Party)
9. DIY Emoji Corkboard: The hardest part will be trying to decide which is your favorite emoji to use. Heart eyes? Wink? Laughing with tears? You’ll smile every time you pin up a note with these cheery faces grinning back at you. (via Pottery Barn)
10. DIY Rope Wrapped Planter: Probably the best thing about Valentine’s is the opportunity for adorable, cheesy puns. If you’re gifting a plant like a succulent, DIY this cute planter and tell them life would “succ” without them. Get it? (via Brit + Co)
11. DIY Conversation Heart Pillows: They say throw pillows are the windows to your home’s soul. Okay, maybe not, but these conversation heart pillows are a super easy DIY, and they are so pretty. Love pizza? Love Netflix? You need these pillows. (via Brit + Co)
12. DIY Valentine’s Cards: There’s a card for everyone here, whether you want to send some love to your BFF or your silly, joker brother. These cards are easy to make, so you can whip together a whole batch in an afternoon. (via Brit + Co)
We want to see what you make this weekend! Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram and using the hashtag #iamcreative.