12 Sweet Recipes Made With Potato Chips
Salty-sweet desserts are totally where it’s at, but sometimes a little added crunch is the textural twist needed to make treats truly shine. Potato chips are the not-so-secret ingredient that manage to do just that in this collection of a dozen scandalously good recipes. Proceed with caution. You’re in for a taste-bud-altering, eye-opening experience (or 12).
1. Coffee Toffee Crunch Ice Cream Sundae: These sundaes are the perfect excuse to pick up a bag of cappuccino-flavored chips, though salted will stand in just fine in a pinch. The creamy-crunchy, salty-sweet contrasts will have you coming back for more. (via Runway Chef)
3. Compost Cupcakes: Featuring a classic combo of potato chips and beer along with a host of other goodies, there’s a little something in these cupcakes for everyone. (via Pink Patisserie)
4. Bacon Potato Chip Truffles: A crumble of chips sprinkled over the top hints at what lies beneath a smooth chocolate shell. The taste of bacon will be a surprise — and likely a welcomed one at that. (via Beyond Frosting)
5. Salted Chocolate Tart With Kettle Chip Crust: It’s hard to believe that a whole bag of chips goes into this tart, packed with a smooth chocolate filling and crowned with a layer of ganache. (via What’s Gaby Cooking)
10. Compost Shortbread: Another unique twist on the compost dessert trend, these Momofuku Milk Bar-inspired cookies are quite the energy-boosting afternoon snack. Not only do they pack in the sugar, but coffee grounds are also invited along to perk things up. (via Becca Bakes)
11. Loaded Peanut Butter Chocolate Covered Potato Chip Fudge: Each square of this outstanding fudge is so rich in flavor that only a small nibble is needed to satisfy your most stubborn salty-sweet craving. (via Half Baked Harvest)
12. Chocolate “Chip” Cupcakes: These decadent cupcakes pair coffee-syrup-brushed chocolate cake with dark chocolate ganache, chocolate buttercream, caramel drizzle and potato chips. Talk about good taste in a good-looking package. (via Cookie Named Desire)
What’s your fave salty-sweet combo? Do you enjoy the fusion of chocolate and potato chips? Let’s talk about even more crave-worthy stuff in the comments!