Morning Buzz! Taylor Swift Is the IRL Heart Eyes Emoji in This Hilarious Pic + More
1. Ah, the look of love. Taylor Swift clearly had an amazing time at Coachella (even if she did at one point take a quick detour to go to her friend’s wedding), and her weekend highlight would most likely be watching her BF Calvin Harris perform (with Rihanna, natch). In the latest pic of her weekend, Taylor is absolutely lovestruck, proving herself not only Calvin’s girl, but obviously his biggest fan. “Watching @calvinharris like,” Swift captioned the pic, along with a heart eyes emoji. You ARE the heart eyes emoji, Taylor. (via @taylorswift)
2. Daisy Ridley shared an important message about self-esteem. No filter, no makeup, NO WAY. That’s the lesson Daisy Ridley wants people to keep in mind when getting yourselves into Instagram-fuelled funks — people’s lives are never as perfect as they seem. “Social media is great but also a bit scary cause what people post is the most filtered, most carefully chosen and cleverly edited moments of their lives,” she wrote. “And self esteem is a huge issue for people around the world.” The Star Wars star has fired back at body shaming trolls in the past, and reminds her fans that it’s all about balance. “But I actually do love myself, I try to think good thoughts always and am surrounded by the most wonderful people, so I’m keeping it balanced (like the Force, obvs).” Obvs! (via @daisyridley)
3. Kylie Jenner wore a shirt with Kylie Jenner on it because Kylie Jenner. Reason #1739487239842 the haters need to realize that these girls are funny and do not take themselves too seriously. (via @kyliejenner)
4. Lacey Chabert is relishing in sharing her first pregnancy with gal pals. Lacey, who announced her pregnancy with the cutest pic ever back in February, will soon be joining the new mom club, and as much as her and husband Dave Nehdar are trying to savor the whole experience, Lacey admits that it’s her girlfriends really getting her through. “It’s really nice to go through pregnancy with friends, because your body is just changing in so many ways and so many things are happening that cause concern,” Lacey told People. “To be able to turn to my friends and ask for advice has been really, really nice.” (via People, photo by Araya Diaz/Getty)
5. These sweaters were the hottest fashion at Coachella. Lol jk, these are just three teeny baby goats from Sunflower Farm who had to wear sweaters as the temperatures still hover around the freezing mark. BABY GOATS! IN SWEATERS!
6. Quote of the day: “Being real will attract real around you. Everyone is fake ’til you keep it real.” — Harry Hudson, aka Kylie Jenner’s BFF and muse, speaking on the Jenner sisters. (via Broadly)
What keeps you real? Let us know on Twitter at @BritandCo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)