The BritList: Colorful Beards, Poop Emoji Patterns and More
Did you know that today is National Appreciate a Dragon Day? No? Well, it’s high time you start appreciating the dragons in your life… or something. Now that we’ve got that covered, let’s get to the topic at hand: starting off your Friday morning with colorful beards, a unicorn hand puppet and poop [emoji patterns]. #TGIF
1. Colorful Beard Trend: The natural next thing in the world of the lumbersexual? Hot pink, pastel purple and kelly green beards, of course.
3. The Newest Forever Hearts Stamps: Every year, brides across the country count down the days until the newest heart-themed stamps hits the post office, typically right in time for Valentine’s Day. Will it be too cheesy to put on my wedding invites? Will it be too modern? Well, this year’s stamp is just right. Designed by Jessica Hische under the direction of Antonio Alcalá, the concept of this stamp suggests the enduring power of love. And… the fact that this stamp can be used forever ;)
4. Handicorn: It’s a unicorn hand puppet. Because it didn’t’ exist before.
6. DIY Embroidery Wall Calendar Kit ($28): Still haven’t picked out a calendar for this now-two-weeks-less-than-brand-new year? Get on it girl and DIY that ‘ish while you’re at it.
<b>Golden Globes-Inspired ‘Dos</b>Earlier this week, the Golden Globes sent us into a frenetic frenzy of inspiration, particularly in the hair department. Check out our tutorials on Allison Williams’ starlet-inspired faux bob and Emily Blunt’s boho crown braid to try your own take on their lovely looks.
9. The Feeny Crew: The OGs from Boy Meets World posted this photo on Twitter and dubbed themselves “The Feeny Crew.” And just like that, our new favorite celeb selfie was born.
We’ve got($15 for a single rose, $65 for a half dozen) freshly stocked for Valentine’s Day in the Brit + Co shop. They’re a great tech-tastic way to send people you love a modern take on the rose.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)