These Gilmore Girls Theories Will Just Make You Even MORE Anxious for the Revival
What we know so far about the best thing to ever happen to us in our lives — aka Netflix’s four-episode Gilmore Girls revival — is, well, not much. We know that it’s called A Year in the Life and that it takes place across the four seasons in a year. We know that the first episode’s script is jam-packed with that beloved, familiar dialogue between Lorelai and Rory. We also now know, thanks to E!, that Lorelai and Luke are “at a crossroads” and that Rory is “dealing with career issues.” The Gilmore women are also grieving over the loss of Richard Gilmore. We also know that it goes live on November 25 — and that’s more or less it.
While the show’s official Instagram has been posting like crazy, they’re also DRIVING us crazy, because with photos so vague, they’re practically BEGGING us to speculate and dig for clues and meditate on *deeper meanings.* Jackson Douglas — AKA Jackson — has said that fake episodes were even filmed to throw us off the scent of spoilers, so we don’t know WHAT to believe anymore.
But it doesn’t mean we won’t keep trying, or stop keeping track of all the wild speculation. Here are some of our favorite GG revival theories so far.
1. Rory is pregnant, or already a mom. Not much to go on with this theory other than a BABY STROLLER spotted in the makeup compact’s mirror in this photo, and the fact that we just wanted to throw a preggers Rory in the mix for fun.
2. She’s also a teacher. Though we’ve already heard from Alexis Bledel herself in US Weekly that Rory is still a reporter, in a surfaced pic from the revival, we see Rory in front of a classroom. Perhaps she returned as a guest speaker? Or made a career change (maybe because of a BABY)? One thing is for sure — she would absolutely nail being a teacher too.
3. Lorelai is pregnant. In the first trailer that was released, people were quick to point out Lorelai’s “I’m With Human” t-shirt and the fact that her stomach was strategically covered up by the newspaper on the table. There was also speculation that the photo featuring an apple on a plate with Pop Tarts was a throwback to Lorelai saying the only time she ever craved an apple was when she was pregnant with Rory. HMM. Luke and Lorelai kids would be the best. Just saying.
4. SOMEONE is getting married. Is it Lorelai and Luke? Rory and whotheheckevenknows? Someone else ENTIRELY? This was one of the first major spoilers that made its way online and remains a total mystery.
5. Do Sookie and Jackson live in England now, or WHAT is up with this flag?! A pic of Sookie’s house that was leaked (and since deleted) from set shows a MASSIVE Union Jack hanging up in the front, and there’s not a lot of clues as to what this one could mean.
6. Rory will end up with Logan. Jess fans look away: Logan — aka Matt Czuchry — is the only one of Rory’s exes slated to appear in all four episodes. Jess is in three. And poor sweet Dean is in one. Do with that information what you will.
7. Kirk is one of Emily’s maids now. LOL. This one surfaced as a discussion on Reddit where one user pointed out that Kirk ALWAYS has a different job and that Emily ALWAYS has a different maid. It would make hilarious cosmic sense for these two story lines to overlap.
What do YOU think will happen on the Gilmore Girls revival? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Photos via Netflix)