For vegans and anyone allergic to dairy, non-dairy ice cream has never tasted better. Whether you snag readymade pints from Whole Foods or churn out your own ice-cold confections for your next ice cream social, your inner Dairy Queen will be very happy after just one bite. Take your vegan ice cream party to the next level by turning these flavors into handheld ice cream sandos or scoop your scoops into these adorbs waffle cone dishes. Here are 12 delicious vegan ice creams that will keep you chill this summer.
1. Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream: Everything we like is here in one ice cream. Chocolate. Check. Peanut butter. Check. Cookie dough. Check. Only 10 ingredients. Check. Make this tonight. Quadruple Check. (via Minimalist Baker)
2. Salted Caramel Ice Cream: A blend of cashews, almonds and sea salt is the secret to making an honest-to-goodness vegan caramel. You’ll want to scoop this out of the pan with a cute-as-hell walrus ice cream scoop. (via 40 Aprons)
3. Vegan Rocky Road Ice Cream: We just LOVE when chocolate ice cream is swirled with mini marshmallows and almonds. If you’re wondering where to get vegan mini marshmallows, check out these little guys from Chicago Vegan Foods. (via Yummy Mummy Kitchen)
5. Strawberry Cream Cheese Ice Cream: This ice cream mixes fresh, juicy strawberries with store-bought ingredients for a gorgeous ice cream hack that is ready in 30 minutes or less. (via Namely Marly)
6. Banana Coconut Ginger Ice Cream: Every vegan knows a simple trick for making ice cream quickly: Pop frozen banana slices into a food processor and give a whirl until your bananas turn into a soft-serve consistency. This five-ingredient, banana-based dessert is so simple and refreshing. Go ahead and treat yo’self! (via The Simple Veganista)
7. DF Mavens Key Lime Creme ($6): This ice cream company is ridic. They offer soy, coconut, almond and no-sugar-added pints in crazy good flavors like Caramel Apple Almond, Sicilian Hazelnut Truffle and Mocha Almond Chip. We are partial to the Key Lime Creme that tastes like pie, including a crust inside. If you’re in NYC, visit the DF Mavens’ brick-and-mortar ice cream shop, or order pints for delivery straight to your home.
8. Vegan Cake Batter Ice Cream: Another ‘nanner hack, but this time, vanilla and almond extract give it a licking-the-bowl-of-batter taste. Add your favorite sprinkles and you’ve got birthday cake in a bowl. (via Munchin’ With Munchkin)
9. Steve’s Ice Cream ($10): This Brooklyn-based brand only makes a few vegan flavors, but when those flavors are Cold-Brewed Cinnamon Coffee, Dark Chocolate Salty Caramel, Mint Cacao Chip and Burnt Sugar Vanilla, that’s all we need. Order online or find them at your local health food store.
10. Pistachio Ice Cream: Blended pistachios give this flavor a nice green hue without any added food coloring. You’ll need an ice cream maker for this one, but the reward will be worth it. (via My Darling Vegan)
11. Coconut Bliss ($7): Yes, this brand is a tad pricier than the others, but it’s packed with non-GMO, fair-trade and organic ingredients, so the sticker shock is totally worth it. Our favorites include the Ginger Cookie Caramel and the Cherry Amaretto. To sample some, visit one of the brand’s in-store tastings happening all over the country.
12. Raspberry Chocolate Chunk Sorbet: If there’s a bounty of fresh raspberries at your local farmers’ market, make this ice cream STAT. With options to make it with or without an ice cream maker, this four-ingredient refreshing sorbet couldn’t be any easier. (via Will Cook for Friends)
What vegan ice cream flavor are you excited to sample or make? Tell us in the comments!