When the weather gets chilly, there’s nothing more comforting than curling up under a blanket with a warm drink. Doesn’t the thought of that sounds so insanely good? Before you dart off to do just that, take a look at these 14 warm drinks that are sure to keep you chill-free. You can bet that these satisfying recipes will be on heavy rotation from now and through the New Year here at Brit + Co. Now that’s something to cheers to!
1. Melted Ice Cream Cocoa: This is the one time when melted ice cream is the opposite of a bummer. Softened vanilla ice cream is whisked into a butter and brown sugar mix with a hint of almond to make this sweet and creamy sipper. (via Babble)
2. Homemade Chai Latte: There might not be anything more satisfying than drinking a good cup of chai tea, besides making your own, of course! Bulk up on your spices for this DIY chai recipe that includes 10 fragrant ingredients. (via A Splash of Vanilla)
3. Triple-Spiked Apple Cider: It’s easy to amp up store-bought cider with seasonal spices like cinnamon sticks, ground ginger, and allspice, but we’re all for taking it up another notch by adding three types of liquor. That’s right—this blogger invited rum, bourbon, and ginger liqueur to the party, which is about to get really fun! ;) (via Hand & Seek)
4. Mexican Hot Chocolate: Chile and chocolate has quickly become a fairly common foodie combination all thanks to the drink that started the craze: the Mexican Hot Chocolate. Make this lush drink in just five minutes. (via Girl Gone Country)
6. Hot Vanilla Milk: This no-frills winter warmer not only hits the spot, but is incredibly easy to make. Doll up this basic recipe by steeping a packet of Earl Grey tea or even green tea (trust us on this one) in milk. (via Butter with a Side of Bread)
7. Winter Lemonade: Not only are we smitten by the whimsical name of this winter warmer, but we love that this herbal tea is made with all fresh ingredients. Pierce the center of several lemon slices with a cinnamon stick for a super pro presentation. (via Season with Spice)
8. Light Nutella Eggnog: Nutella and eggnog: together in one delicious warm drink? How did we not think of this? Plus, this Nutella Eggnog is spiked! This recipe was seriously made just for us! (via The Realistic Nutritionist)
9. Lavender Hot Chocolate: This is the ultimate way to make upscale hot chocolate, and it couldn’t be more simple. Just infuse a sprinkle of dried lavender into your milk and add melted chocolate after it’s strained. (via ala Mode)
10. Mellow Mulled Wine: If you haven’t made yourself a batch of mulled red wine during the holiday season, this is the year for to get well acquainted. This earthy, mellow version is a good one for newbies: the wine is lightly spiced and balanced with a dash of apple cider, brandy, and chopped citrus. (via Flourishing Foodie)
11. Spiced Pear and Cinnamon Vanilla Almond Milk: Doesn’t this drink just sound like a dream? Blend one fresh pear together with almond milk and vanilla flavoring, then slowly bring to a light simmer. This drink can also be enjoyed chilled, incase you’re getting a little too warm by the fire! (via Linda Wagner)
12. Earl Grey Hot Toddy: The classic combination of honey, bourbon, and lemon gets elevated with hints of vanilla and bergamot thanks to Earl Grey tea. We fully support serving this soothing bevy in a fabric-wrapped mason jar! (via Carolina Girl Cooks)
13. Mulled Cider, Three Ways: We love playing around with ways to take traditional cold-weather drinks to the next level, like this mulled cider. While we loved the Earl Grey and lemon combo (very Hot Toddy-esque), our favorite concoction by far was fresh ginger with rosemary springs. (via Brit + Co.)
14. Vegan Pumpkin Spice Soy Latte: It’s a fact that everyone’s favorite fall flavor is pumpkin, so get jazzed about this homemade pumpkin spice latte. Made with real pumpkin puree and a spoonful of spice, you definitely don’t have to be vegan to enjoy this dairy-free drink. (via Healthy. Happy. Life.)
What’s your favorite warm drink? Is it coffee based, chocolatey, or spicy? Did we miss any delicious recipes? Talk to us in the comments below!