Your Accessories Just Got Cuter With This Watermelon Pom Pom Keychain
Let's be real: Watermelons make everything better. Need ice cubes? Make them with watermelon! Champagne cocktails? Add watermelon! Margaritas, cake, doormats, fanny packs? Watermelon, watermelon, watermelon, watermelon. Let's just throw a watermelon party already! Basically, we're saying: Don't stop until your diet, furniture and closet involve some melon. One way to add some watermelon love to your bags and accessories is this DIY watermelon pom pom keychain. We were inspired by this tutorial to make ours. Get ready for some cuteness overload.
— pom pom maker
— pink, white, black, green yarn
— key ring
— needle and thread
1. Wrap half of the pom pom maker with pink yarn and a few bits of black yarn.
2. Wrap the middle third of the other half of the pom pom maker with green yarn. Wrap over the green yarn with white yarn. Wrap the entire half with pink yarn. With the pom pom maker closed, snip the yarn.
3. Make a knot in the middle of the pom pom maker with some leftover yarn. When you tie the knot, be sure to keep the pink and black side on top. This way, the green rind side will be on the bottom and the melon seed side will be on top. Let the ends of the yarn hang loose and long. Make the knot really tight!
4. Remove the pom pom from the pom pom maker. Trim your pom pom to a tight little ball or into a pyramid shape. Keep the two long ends untrimmed.
5. Tie the untrimmed pieces of yarn around the key ring. Make a bunch of watermelon poms or let one hang solo.
Tie the untrimmed pieces of yarn around the key ring.
What a cutie patootie.
DIY Production + Styling: Irene Lee
Photography: Brittany Griffin
This article has been updated from a previous post.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)