Your Accessories Just Got Cuter With This Watermelon Pom Pom Keychain
Let's be real: Watermelons make everything better. Need ice cubes? Make them with watermelon! Champagne cocktails? Add watermelon! Margaritas, cake, doormats, fanny packs? Watermelon, watermelon, watermelon, watermelon. Let's just throw a watermelon party already! Basically, we're saying: Don't stop until your diet, furniture and closet involve some melon. One way to add some watermelon love to your bags and accessories is this DIY watermelon pom pom keychain. We were inspired by this tutorial to make ours. Get ready for some cuteness overload.
— pom pom maker
— pink, white, black, green yarn
— key ring
— needle and thread
1. Wrap half of the pom pom maker with pink yarn and a few bits of black yarn.
2. Wrap the middle third of the other half of the pom pom maker with green yarn. Wrap over the green yarn with white yarn. Wrap the entire half with pink yarn. With the pom pom maker closed, snip the yarn.
3. Make a knot in the middle of the pom pom maker with some leftover yarn. When you tie the knot, be sure to keep the pink and black side on top. This way, the green rind side will be on the bottom and the melon seed side will be on top. Let the ends of the yarn hang loose and long. Make the knot really tight!
4. Remove the pom pom from the pom pom maker. Trim your pom pom to a tight little ball or into a pyramid shape. Keep the two long ends untrimmed.
5. Tie the untrimmed pieces of yarn around the key ring. Make a bunch of watermelon poms or let one hang solo.
Tie the untrimmed pieces of yarn around the key ring.
What a cutie patootie.
DIY Production + Styling: Irene Lee
Photography: Brittany Griffin
This article has been updated from a previous post.