New York and Milan (and now Paris) have given us a fair share of fashion week hair moments. From next-level braids to streamlined center parts to the most enviable bed-to-runway hair, the oohs and aahs you hear as models turn on the catwalk as much for their set to perfection strands as it is for their outfits. DIY inspiration? Oh yeah. But even if you don’t have the time to recreate those designer-approved ‘dos, the shows have showered us with hair accessories that make even the most basic of hairstyles so chic just like that. Browse through the best of the bunch from all three fashion capitals then shop the 13 lookalikes to style out your hair just like a FW model.
1. Knotted Turban Scarf at Chloe Sevigny for O.C.: Actress, It girl and now fashion week designer Chloe Sevigny went school girl cool for her SS15 Opening Ceremony line. We love the mix-and-matched jumpers just as much as we do the knotted headband. Forget perfecting how to tie a bow and get the look with a twist scarf ($15), two-toned for extra punch.
2. Striped Headbands at Trina Turk: Trina Turk is thinking BIG when it comes to headbands (AND colors AND patterns) — wear your hair super straight with a thick striped headwrap ($4) and bring this retro styling into modern times with bright blue eyeshadow and a coral lip.
3. Metallic Wrap at Jason Wu: Truth: A ponytail cannot get chicer than this. Copy Jason Wu’s streamlined styling with a cuff ponytail holder ($20) that elevates your pulled-back strands whether they’re slicked back or tousled just-so.
4. Leather Headband at Pascal Milet: We’re obsessed with the idea of rocking a leather headwrap ($10). As Pascal Milet shows here, it gives immediate edge to an otherwise girly outfit for an entirely new take on feminine style.
5. Tied Back Scarf at Whit: Seriously, a tied back headscarf is now en vogue, especially if the one wrapped around your head boasts a punchy print like this one from Whit. Extra fashion cred if you match your patterned scarf ($11) to the shapes on your outfit, too!
6. Roses + Gems at Dolce & Gabbana: This is how a basic bun, pony or braid becomes the dreamiest ‘do ever. Take a cue from D&G and wear flowers in your hair with these colorful flower clips ($16) that you can cluster or scatter throughout your strands.
7. Spell It Out Headband at Jeremy Scott: See? Not all of Miley Cyrus’s craft-cessories are totally insane. This particular headband is playful, offbeat and tells it like it is — something we also feel strongly about come Party Time. This pink letter headband ($15) is primed for an appearance on the birthday girl’s dome.
8. Woven Scarf Bun at alice + olivia: The time has come in which we *do* suggest you, as an adult, buy a scrunchie ($11 for two). It just might be the easiest way to hack the look of a scarf-clad sock bun — be sure to choose one made of chiffon, polyester or something lighter to steer away from #tbt territory.
9. Hair Clips + Feathers at L.A.M.B.: Gwen Stefani’s hair clips and punk rock feather pairing may seem high-concept, but we think it’s a runway-level look that would translate beautifully IRL with just a few tweaks. Try adding a decorative pattern of colorful bobby pins ($10) onto one segment of a side-swept updo, and add in a feather hair clip ($38) as a final touch.
10. Crocodile Tails at Fendi: Fendi floored us with the introduction of its “crocodile tail” hair accessory, which seems to be some sort or tropical flower meets mega fringe hairpiece. Over-the-top? Totally, and we’re loving it. Go with an equally enormous floral hair clip ($14) if you heart it, too.
11. Pearl Headband at Erin Fetherston: Erin Fetherston pretty much nailed the pretty in pearls look, and it’s exactly how we want to be rocking the milky bauble this season. Follow suit with a just-as dainty headband ($28) you can wear with both your fall wedding outfit and favorite tee + jeans.
12. Tied Mini Bun at J JS Lee: The basic low bun gets the half-up treatment — a move *we* wish we thought of! — and then tied off with a twist. It’s a #hairhack waiting to happen — grab a twist scarf ($14) and get at it!
13. Jeweled Flower Crown at Bora Aksu: Bora Aksu’s opulent take on a flower crown has us swooning, ’cause there might not be a more gorgeous combination than petals and gems. Top off any ‘do with a rhinestone floral headband ($20) — even a messy topknot — and get ready to turn heads.
Which fashion week hair accessories are you itching to wear? Tell us about your favorite pieces in the comments below.