Being active is an important part of life. It might not be as fun as hitting the mall or catching the latest Ryan Gosling movie, but not much is. The first step is trying to find an exercise that doesn’t feel like flat out torture. Whether you prefer to zone out on the treadmill, get outside and hit the trails or do some yoga, the important part is that you do something. Your jeans (and your heart) will thank you later. If yoga is your game, than these DIYs are for you. And even if you aren’t a budding yogi, these projects will inspire you to get moving — to the nearest craft store anyways. Hey, it’s something!
1. Patterned Leggings: Basic boring leggings are a thing of the past. Just because you’re all doing the same sun salutation doesn’t mean you can’t stand out. This DIY project will make sure you’re not forgotten about in the back of class. (via The Pretty Life Girls)
3. Lavender Eye Pillow: Too many downward dogs can leave you feeling exhausted. Relax after a long workout with this lavender eye pillow. It’s said to ease tension around the eyes and throughout your entire face and is great for savasana. (via Yoga Hound)
5. Chakra Chic Yoga Mat: Grab your trusty Exacto knife, and make sure your mat is a cut above the rest (couldn’t resist… sorry!). But seriously, this is an easy way to dress up your mat, and the grid lines help keep everything even, making it a project just about anyone can handle. (via Forever 21)
6. Yoga Mat Cleaner: Prove you’re a seasoned yogi with your moves and not the smell of your mat. Yoga is tough and all that sweat can leave things a little less than fresh. Realign your chi and clean your mat with an all-natural cleaner. (via Brit + Co)
8. Repurposed Yoga Mat Flip Flops: Have an old yoga mat lying around? Don’t throw it out just yet. These repurposed flip flops make the perfect accessory for the days you need to use the gym shower. (via Brit + Co)
9. DIY Yoga Pants: Finding just the right pair of pants that will stay in place from child’s pose to a supported headstand can be a challenge. But if you have a sewing machine, you can make your own in one afternoon. (via Sweet Verbena)
What’s your favorite way to get your blood pumping? Let us know in the comments!