One of the easiest ways to turn your house into a home is to add plants. Greenery brings beauty, character, texture and good energy into every space. Even if you don’t have the greenest of thumbs, taking care of real flowers and plants brings a certain amount of meditation into your everyday routine as you take care of them and watch them thrive. We’re always looking for an excuse to paint a pot or DIY a planter, so here are 25 beautiful ideas for how to bring more plants into your home.
1. Jungalow: Take plants up from ground level and line them up on a bench. The narrow width won’t take up much space but will make a huge impact. Plus you’ll get to admire all those pretty pots you painted. (via Style by Emily Henderson)
5. Party Decor: Plants don’t always have to go on top of the table. If you’re entertaining and need all the table space possible, tuck a couple big potted plants underneath to fill in the space with color. (via Domino)
7. Pegboard Headboard: We adore unique headboards. And when you live in a small space, you’ll appreciate a headboard that not only holds bedtime essentials – a book and an alarm clock – but also a little potted plant. (via Sugar and Cloth)
9. Window Ledge: One of the main reasons indoor plants die is because they’re not getting enough light. DIY this little ledge to fit in your kitchen window and set up your collection of herbs and succulents. (via A Beautiful Mess)
11. Water Roots: Enter the simplest, most beautiful floral trend: rooting plants in water. All you have to do is snip a plant at the base of a leaf and place it in fresh spring water in a glass vase. Then, watch with awe as it begins to grow roots. (via Domaine Home)
12. Fern Gallery Wall: These Staghorn ferns kind of look like antlers, huh? They can be mounted on wooden slats that, when displayed on the wall, form an inexpensive living art installation. (via Domino)
14. Small Spaces: When you live in a small apartment or a studio, you don’t want to lose any floor space. Just hang plants or even mount them on the wall to get your greens without sacrificing the precious space. (via Apartment Therapy)
22. Potted Paper Plant ($22): Can’t manage to keep a plant alive? We won’t judge, but we will suggest this very cool paper plant as a replacement.
How do you incorporate plants into your home? Share your tips in the comments below!