With all the focus on turkey, it’s easy to forget about the course that’ll whet your appetite for a whole day of feasting. What’s that? Hors d’oeuvres, of course! These 12 appetizers are a great way to kick off your celebration. Featuring an assortment of cheesy, make-ahead and even a few healthier nibbles, there’s a little something here for everyone.
1. Roasted Root Vegetable Crostini With Cranberry Relish: Featuring a cornucopia of produce, these hearty crostini are a delight for all the senses. (via On Sugar Mountain)
3. Coconut-Crusted Brie-Stuffed Quinoa Bites: Let’s be real. Sharing an oozey round of baked brie can be a bit of a messy endeavor. These personal-sized cheese balls solve that problem, and pack an irresistible crunch into every bite at the same time. (via Half Baked Harvest)
4. Savory Cranberry Twists: The gorgeous ribbon of ruby cranberry will draw folks in, but the slight spice and flaky texture of these twists is what’s sure to keep ’em coming back for more. (via Handmade Mood)
7. Crispy Cornmeal Sweet Potato Fries: Your guests will gobble up these cris baked fries. Serve them with your favorite sweet potato accompaniment, or opt for a touch of tang with the included recipe for herbal chermoula-yogurt dip. (via My New Roots)
8. Red Beet Crostini: Make sure to serve these rustic toasts with a thick napkin or plate underneath to catch every last crumb. Creamy, torn burrata and blood-red beets are a delish, yet notoriously messy, topping combo. (via She Eats)
9. Acorn Squash Cheese Spread: Even if you’re entertaining a few squash-averse folks, the lightened-up artichoke dip baked inside these acorns will tempt them to dig right in. (via Ruffles and Truffles)
10. Rosemary Spiced Mixed Nuts: These seasoned nuts are not only a welcome addition to your appetizer spread or cheese platter, they also make terrific party favors to send home with your guests. It’s always nice having a little something on hand to satisfy those late-night munchies. (via Kitchen Konfidence)
11. Pear, Blue Cheese and Yam Blinis: (Gluten-Free): Surprise your guests with a great alternative to crackers and cheese. Baked sweet potato, Anaheim pepper chutney, soft pears, tangy blue cheese and crunchy walnuts stack high to build this spicy-sweet creation. Talk about a unique take on the classic pear and cheese combo. (via Pham Fatale)
12. Cranberry Baked Brie Puff Pastry: The amount of buttery, flaky and tangy flavor packed into each of these puff pastry coins is unreal. Their totally poppable size makes them particularly dangerous. (via The Law Student’s Wife)
We’d love to hear from you — what are some of your fave Thanksgiving appetizers? Share with us below!