11 Die Cut DIYs That Are a Cinch to Crank Out
Is it just us, or has papercraft completely consumed Pinterest lately? Paper art has been a recent fixation among the B+C Creative Team, and for good reason — the art form is the perfect blend of 2D and 3D, and we love how accessible it is for makers at all levels.
You can count on us to wax poetic about papercraft tools that make creative living more approachable, even for those of you who consider yourselves “DIY Rookies.” It’s Maker’s Mart by Spellbinders®’ mission to provide the materials, instructions and inspiration to facilitate this creativity. We’re especially partial to their Prizm™ and Platinum™ 6 machines: The Prizm™ and its corresponding die cut templates make traditional papercraft a breeze, while the Platinum™ 6 allows you to take die cut DIY a step further by accommodating a range of textiles, like leather, balsa wood and felt. We’re happily teaming up with Maker’s Mart by Spellbinders® to bring you 11 DIYs that are a cinch to crank out — quite literally — using the Prizm™ and Platinum™ 6 machines. Let’s get to it!
PRIZM™ DIY IDEAS
1. Papercraft Flower Wall Art: A few weeks ago, B+C Visual Designer Marisa fell in LOVE with the Prizm™. (This is not an exaggeration, folks.) The lovechild of this affair is her beautifully simple floral wall art using Spellbinders® Create a Flower Etched Dies, a wood panel and a simple line drawing. Swoon.
2. Succulent Gifts: Nothing says, “Sorry for being so prickly” like gifting a cactus, amirite? Actually, nothing says it like including a card that ACTUALLY says it. Crank out this punny present with the cactus die cut and send to someone who needs it. (Photo via Spellbinders)
3. Papercraft iPhone Case Inserts: Made by yours truly (Maddie here, hi!), these iPhone case inserts were a snap to bust out, and illustrate just how easy it is to get creative with the help of Spellbinder die cuts. (Psst — this also makes an awesome custom Christmas gift!)
4. Air Balloon Cake Topper: B+C sales guru and bride-to-be Paige Sager created this (adorable) air balloon cake topper for her upcoming wedding. The meaning behind it is just as (adorable) as the result: A hot air balloon ride was the last to-do on her and her fiancé’s bucket list before they tie the knot. #RelationshipGoals.
5. Cactus Garden Cupcakes: All cactus everything, por favor! We’re diggin’ this desert-themed cupcake (see what we did there) made with Succulent Garden Etched Dies, toothpicks and crushed graham crackers. (Photo via Spellbinders®)
6. Cactus Sunglasses: You can tell we’re partial to this particular die cut ;) We made these rad cactus sunnies for a desert-themed bachelorette weekend… but, TBH, we wear them all the time. Click that link for an awesome video tutorial!
PLATINUM™ 6 DIY IDEAS
9. Monogram Leather Necklace: All monogram everything, please. Master the monogram yourself with this simple leather necklace tutorial. (Photo via Spellbinders®)
10. Back to School Party: Turns out, you can make an entire party’s worth of decor with that Platinum™ 6! Lindi Haws whipped together this sweet BTS setup for her kiddos. We’re pinning those Give It a Whirl cupcakes ASAP. (Photo via Spellbinders®)
11. DIY Leather Hair Bows: We’re saving the sweetest for last. How precious are these DIY leather bows? They take less than a minute to make (!), AKA we’ll be making tons of these. Glue it to a pin back, a barrette, a makeup pouch, a phone case… the options are endless. (Photo via Spellbinders®)
Will you try any of these DIYs? If so, we want to see the results! Share the DIY with us on Instagram by tagging #britstagram and #iamcreative.