Ah, award show season. While voting is done for the very best of TV and film for the 21st Annual Critics Choice Awards taking place at Santa Monica Airport’s Barker Hangar in California, it’s not too late say which hair, makeup and outfit looks making an appearance tonight are the hottest. We’re tuning in to the show on A&E and reviewing all the outfits our fave celebs are wearing as they grace the red (more like BLUE) carpet and picking out the very best of the best. We’re also picking up on a all-black, a sea of grey-blues and lots of solids trend on this carpet tonight — and some looks you should totally steal for Valentine’s Day. Take a peek at the roundup below.
1. Amy Schumer: A. Schu isn’t just winning the MVP Critics Choice Award tonight, she’s also winning the red carpet. The Trainwreck star went all white in a halter dress that is pitch perfect for this winter season, though her hair and makeup was all bronzed goddess. We especially love that she went totally jewelry free and accessorized with a simple white box clutch.
2. Leslie Mann: While most people donned long gowns for tonight’s award show, Leslie Mann went with black and grey ombré tulle cocktail dress and looking absolutely adorable. You can totally cop this look for a wedding — so take notes. We also love that she finished her look with a bold red lip and some sweet T-strap heels.
3. Bryce Dallas Howard: The Jurassic World star was channeling some serious Morticia Addams vibes in a plunging black V-neck gown by Balmain and serious smoky eye. While she didn’t wear a $4800 dress from Neiman Marcus this time, she did reveal that her dress was bought ONLINE at Forward by Alice Walker no less. YAAAAS. She accessories with a sparkly lariat necklace, simple diamond studys and pulled her iconic red hair in a sleek low ponytail.
4. Constance Wu: The Fresh Off the Boat star looked every bit of a boho mermaid in her watery blue assymetrical gown by Peter Langner (complete with fluttery cape/sleeve). We’re also seriously digging her slightly messy milkmaid crown braids. The actress isn’t just presenting tonight. She’s also nominated for the role of Best Actress in a Comedy Series for her role as tiger mom Jessica Huang.
5. Kirsten Dunst: Here’s the look you need to be sporting on your next date night. Kirsten Dunst was nominated for her role in Fargo, and ever the trendsetter, she shook things up on the blue carpet with her tiered, crystal-encrusted midi dress. She kept her blonde locks in a sleek bob and accessorized with a red lip color. For a very subtle pop of color, her shoes are a lovely champagne.
6. Rosie Huntington-Whitely: A week after debuting a brand new engagement ring at last week’s Golden Globes, supermodel/actress blew everyone out of the water with this all-black dress with the most gorgeous train. She decided to accent her look with lots of silver in her earrings, her strappy stilettos and that to-die-for sequined Louis Vuitton clutch.
7. Aya Cash: The Best Actress in a Comedy Series nominee totally took the opposite route and went super cool with a chic tux and gold-toed pumps. She looks absolutely dashing. If dresses and gowns aren’t your thing this Vday, definitely consider sporting this trouser and bowtie combo on your date night or Galentine’s.
8. Emmy Rossum: Sure, there’s a lot of black on the blue carpet tonight, but Emmy Rossum’s midi-dress is a standout because it has a totally unexpected element. The silver sequin peeking out from her slit is so amazing (and DIYable!) Just imagine adding a sheath of sparkle to your fave slitted skirt.
9. Shiri Appleby: The actress and new mom is nominated for her role in Unreal, a scripted series where she plays a producer on a Bachelor-like TV show. She stunned in a flowy burnt orange gown looking every inch a Greek goddess and her loose, pulled back half-pony.
10. Gina Rodriguez: The Jane the Virgin star looked positively peachy in her regal cap sleeve floor-length number. The second time nominee for Best Actress for her TV Show blinged out her fingers with some diamond encrusted floral rings and swept her hair up into an uber-elegant updo with just enough sweep of bang to keep it flirty.
11. Saoirse Ronan: The Irish-American actress is the youngest one nominated in the Best Actress category for her movie Brooklyn (she’s only 21!) and she also opted for blue tonight in this beautiful blue column dress. There’s just enough a highlights with that unique beaded detailing on her shoulders. Amazing.
12. Kathryn Hahn: You could spot Kathryn Hahns bright yellow floral brocade gown from a mile away and it certainly is a looker. There’s definitely a red lip trend on the blue carpet tonight. Kathryn also finished her looked with some casual, side-pinned waves.
13. Krysten Ritter: Krysten Ritter kept her hair simple to let her stunning Zuhair Couture maroon number that was encrusted with sequins and gems. The Jessica Jones star is nominated for Best Actress in a Drama and the second season was just announced today. She kept her lips nude in order to showcase her smoky grey eyeshadow.
14. Jennifer Aniston: Yep, dove gray-blue is officially the hot new shade of winter 2016. Jennifer Aniston channeled the ’90s tonight in a slate blue column dress that’s totally understated but complements her perfectly. The actress is out supporting her husband Justin Theroux tonight, who is nominated for Best Actor in a Drama Series for Leftovers, and her makeup with particularly gorg with her bold kohl-lined eyes. We’re digging the look, Jen!
15. Hayden Panetierre: The Nashville actress who is nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her TV show is presenting tonight, and her nude color gown has cut outs in all the right places. Needless to say, this is one show stopping look. Her eternally stylish lob looked on point tonight as well.
16. Rachel McAdams: Rachel’s maroon beaded two-piece is definitely a statement piece with lots and lots of sparkle but just enough edge. We love that she decided to go casual with her piecey bob and accenting with a totally unexpected bright + bold lip. The actress is nominated for several categories for her film Spotlight including Best Supporting Actress tonight.
17. Zoe Kravitz: Zoe Kravitz decided to eschew a gown tonight and instead decided to go for a gorgeous bright tangerine colored two-piece top and pants. The real scene-stealer here however though are her sparkly earrings that straight up look like fireworks. Would you expect anything less from the style icon?
Which CCA’s red carpet look is your favorite? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Photos via Lester Cohen + Jason Merritt/Getty)