Zing! 19 Tricky April Fool’s Recipes to Terrorize Your Friends
After extensive trial and error, we’ve come to the conclusion that there are only three times per year when pranking is socially acceptable: 1. Halloween, 2. Retirement parties(?) and 3. April Fool’s Day. We have 19 hilarious (but harmless) food pranks to inspire the hardiest of har-hars.
1. Milk Prank: Best plan of action? Strike early in the morning before everyone remembers it’s April Fool’s Day. This “milk” falls somewhere between Jell-O Jiggler and panna cotta. Dessert for breakfast? Not the worst trick we’ve ever played on anyone. (via Ben and Birdy)
3. Exploding Balloon Cake: Save this one for your enemies. When they go to cut into the cake you mischievously made for them, pop goes the ballon. Splat goes the frosting. And wet goes the pants. (via Prankked)
5. Fauxberry Pie: This may look like a strawberry chocolate pie from an old-school diner, but it’s actually more like the blue plate special. The bottom layer is made of meatloaf and the top is beet-dyed mashed potatoes. (via Spoonful)
6. Prank Donuts: We may or may not have forgiven our friend who baked pickle relish and jalapeños into chocolate cupcakes… and this sounds right up that friends alley, so please don’t show her this post. (via WikiHow)
7. Sriracha Ice Cream Sandwich: Wait a second… this actually sounds supremely delicious. (via The Glut Life)
8. Cupcakewurst: While it’s doubtful that you’ll convince anyone to actually eat what looks like a blood sausage and moldy bun, we can guess that this combo of chocolate cupcake, long john bun and raspberry “ketchup” is sorta good too. (via The Cupcake Project)
Who (and how) are you pranking this April Fool’s Day? Let us know in the comments!