1. Pitter Patter Print Nursery Art and Gifts: Seriously, how adorable are these footprints? While regular footprints are de rigueur, this is a fun twist on the baby memory staple (prices vary).
3. Professional Photos: Odds are, you’ll take hundreds of baby photos with your phone, but you should up the photo ante and get REAL ones taken. Every town has a talented photographer ready and willing to come to your home, a park or other picturesque place.
4. Poses With the Family Pet: While your full grown cat or dog stays about the same size, your child will grow and grow and grow some more. Make sure to snap photos of your growing baby next to your family pet — this will be a sweet reminder of how much they’ve changed, as well as an early memory of their friendship. (Photo via Getty)
5. Growing Photo Series: Take a photo of your baby wearing an adult item of clothing, and then take this same photo every year around the same day. It could be one of your dresses or your husband’s favorite band t-shirt. After 18 years, put all the photos together and you’ll see how they grew right into the once huge article of clothing. This one is cute, but it’s a commitment.
6. Height Tracking: Soon after you come home from the hospital, start regularly charting their growth. They’ll be standing before you know it. We’re loving this Creative by Clair Ruler Growth Chart ($22).
7. Memory Box for Important Objects: A clipping from their first hair cut, that little tiny hat they left the hospital in and their first photos are just a few mementos you can keep in a special memory box. This Cardtorial Memory Box ($109) includes a way sweet quote from e.e. cummings.
Which memory-keeping idea touches your heart the most? Tweet us @BritandCo and let us know!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Getty)