Your bestie deserves some extra special love this year, and nothing says “I’m so glad I can rapid fire text you at 1am and not have you think I’m a creep” like a handmade gift. We’ve combed through our extensive DIY archive to share 20 gift ideas all the gals in your squad will love.
1. DIY Choker Necklaces: This ‘90s staple has made its way seamlessly into 2016 “it girl” style. Your BFF never knew she needed a double decker tattoo choker.
2. Girl Gang Sweatshirts: You two go together like 2015-era Nicki and Bey. Working with a larger squad? We’ve also got a printable of TSwift’s crew, obvs.
3. Peppermint Lip Balm: This minty fresh homemade lip balm makes for a super thoughtful (and helpful!) stocking stuffer.
4. Polka Dot Clutch: Got a gal who’s Anthro-obsessed? Make her this copycat clutch for $200 less than it costs.
5. Shoulder Duster Earrings: Flex your jewelry-making skills by making a pair or two of these glitzy shoulder dusters.
6. The Mermaid Pillow: You’ve seen it, you’ve swooned over it and now, thanks to us (humble brag) you can MAKE IT YOURSELF.
7. Pineapple Cutting Board: Is it possible to take one’s love for pineapple a bit too far? We say no way, Jose!
8. Watermelon Pom Pom Keychain: These adorable poms have us wishing summer would get here just a little bit faster… ;)
9. DIY Tool Holder: Know of someone who’s starting to tap into her inner DIYer? Gift her this DIY tool holder, made out of an embroidery hoop and fabric.
10. Marbled Leather Bag: The best thing about marbling is the fact that you basically can’t go wrong! This glam bag is one of our faves.
11. Leather Key Fob: Is your bestie still rocking that free bottle opener keychain from the first week of college? Upgrade her key style with one of these beauties.
12. Hand-Embroidered Patch: If you have a lengthy airplane ride in the near future, get yourself some embroidery supplies and get patching!
13. Custom Ascot Scarf: We’re totally on board with the trend of ascots. Who doesn’t want to look like a British nobleman with French girl flair? Make your own by finding unusual fabric and hemming the edges.
14. Hand-Painted Accessories: Want to take it to the next level? Make your bae a trio of hand-painted wearables.
15. Textile-Wrapped Stacking Bracelets: If you’re like me, you’ve got tons of wire bangles that you never wear. Give them new life by stacking ‘em up and wrapping them in jersey-knit cotton and embroidery floss.
16. Gemstone Statement Necklace: For ladies who are ready to up their DIY skills, it’s time for a crash course in soldering. The results? This stellar statement necklace.
17. Pressed Flower Coasters: Remember back in middle school when you would press flowers in your textbooks? It’s time to bring that vibe back but in a way classier way.
18. Beyoncé-Inspired Tote: Your fave sister from another mister’s got swag, and she deserves a tote that spells it out loud and clear.
19. Agate Cuff: Quick, hop onto the agate train before it’s gone!
20. Hand-Painted Weekender: If your bestie is on the go all the dang time, give her the gift of stylish luggage — hand painted by YOU!
Alright, time to hit the craft store and start DIYing — stat!