8 Indulgent Desserts Made With Black Beans
It might be unexpected and maybe a little bit shocking, but as it turns out, black beans (yes, the kind that go in your breakfast burrito) make *incredibly* delicious desserts, and pair well with other ingredients to keep your treats healthy and delicious. The brownie recipes below include goodies like avocado, zucchini and flax seed on top of the protein-packed beans. Don’t get us wrong — you’ll still find sprinkles and chocolate chips — but we love it when we can share semi-healthy chocolate desserts too. Whether you’re looking for a balanced party snack or a super sweet and secretly good-for-you dessert, you might be surprised at what you find. So roll up those sleeves and dive in to these eight chocolate desserts made even better with black beans.
1. Secretly Healthy Black Bean Chocolate Protein Truffles: Any dessert with the words “secretly healthy” in the title (along with “chocolate” and “truffle”) have us running to the kitchen. Sure, the black bean might throw you off for a second, but trust us — these tasty bites are a home run. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
2. Fudgy Black Bean Zucchini Cookies: HOLD UP. If cookies can be made from zucchini, then we just found our new favorite good-for-you food. When you can eat a cookie that’s made out of protein-filled black beans and a healthy veggie, it’s the best kind of madness. (via Hummusapien)
3. Vegan Fudgy Black Bean Brownies: These gooey snacks pack in coconut oil, ground flax seed AND gluten-free baking flour. Congrats! Your health-conscious gal pals will definitely be begging for the recipe. (via Namely Marly)
4. Fudge Brownie Chocolate Protein Bars: We’re all about this bar because it looks like something we could whip up and eat on the go — and we all know convenience is everything. We’ll definitely be adding this to our list of go-to power bars ASAP. (via Chocolate Covered Katie)
5. Superfood Chocolate Cake: This one looks straight out of a magazine, it’s so decadent. But feel free to indulge, friends! Their black-bean base makes this a guilt-free treat. (via The Pancake Princess)
6. Chocolate Covered Brownie Pops: We want to pop one (or five) of these adorable balls right into our mouths. They’re bite-size, healthy(ish) and sweetened with maple syrup to boot. Whip these up for a perfect party treat. (via The Glowing Fridge)
7. Black Bean Avocado Chocolate Chip Fudge Brownies: These look like quite possibly the fudgiest and most chocolatey brownies we’ve ever seen. We’d never guess that by indulging in these we’d be getting a full helping of fruit and protein. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
8. No Bake Black Bean Fudge Brownies: These remind us of actual fudge, rather than just the fudgy flavor you get in brownies, which is totally okay with us. We’re digging the white chocolate chips too, because they just make everything better. (via The Big Man’s World)
Want more out-of-the-box recipes like these? Follow us on Pinterest!