What to Make This Weekend: A Wardrobe Rack, Bleach-Stamped Stationery + More
Spring, we love you, but we’re starting to slip into a summer state of mind. Sun-soaked vacays, beach side barbecues, all that jazz. And with this seasonal shift comes a slight change in our weekend project lineup. Sub out the old sweater makeover for some super cool white tee projects. Grab a picnic blanket and take a homemade Chinese checkerboard with you to the park. Start prepping for the best summer ever with these 10 weekend projects.
1. Body Chain: Necklaces are so 2014. Take your jewelry game up a notch by rocking this super cool body chain over a simple tee. (via Brit + Co)
2. Chinese Checkers: Forget the never-ending game of Monopoly. Spice up your game night by playing this homemade version of Chinese checkers. Keep this for yourself or make it as a super special gift. (via Lovely Indeed)
3. Tablecloth Skirt: Find an awesome round tablecloth at the thrift store? Snatch it up and transform it into the perfect summer skirt. (via My So Called Crafty Life)
4. Concrete Lamp: Forget those basic IKEA buys; step up your home’s lighting game with this modern concrete design. Not sure where to source all the materials? Snag our kit that comes with everything you need. (via Brit + Co)
5. Mini Modern Planter: Hanging plants are cool, but they can be a bit of a hassle. Skip hardware required and opt for this pretty little planter box. (via Tell Love and Chocolate)
6. Wardrobe Rack: Ditching your Carrie Bradshaw-sized closet for something more modest? Put your favorite garments on display with this industrial clothing rack. (via Smitten Studio)
7. White T-Shirt Makeover: As summer rolls around, we’re quickly ditching the spring sweaters in favor of something a little more breathable. If you find that your warm weather pieces are few and far between, no need to spend a fortune on a bunch of new clothing items. Grab a few white tees and try these easy hacks. (via Brit + Co)
8. Fold-Up Kid’s Tent: Summer is all that and a bag of chips, but when your kiddos are out of school and super bored they can become quite antsy. Get them outside by setting up this adorable (and collapsable) tent. (via Farm Fresh Therapy)
9. Printed Stationery: Skip the expensive stationery at the paper store. The magic technique we used to get these cool patterns? Bleach! Yes, really. (via Brit + Co)
10. Tasseled Wall Hanging: Don’t get us wrong; we love our woven wall art. But we have to admit that the minimal vibe this option is giving off is all kinds of awesome. (via Homey Oh My)
Do you have any projects planned for the weekend? Share your ideas with us in the comments below.