16 Homemade Body Butters for Silky Smooth Skin
There are plenty of good reasons to not be a fan of winter, but our biggest one might just be how dried out our skin gets. Cold wind and dry air wreak havoc on the silky smooth skin we’ve cultivated all summer long. Luckily there’s a solution: body butter. Slathering on a good helping of the stuff every night is a surefire way to keep skin supple and soft. Each of these 16 creamy body butters are easy to whip up with merely a few simple ingredients. As a bonus, they smell — and in some instances even taste — great.
3. Homemade Body Butter Base: Use this basic (and organic) recipe as a solid base. It can easily be customized with your favorite scents and essential oils for a lotion that’s 100% your own. (via Lia Griffith)
4. Whipped Mocha Body Frosting: Mmmm this one is going to be pretty difficult to resist tasting. Thanks to coffee extract and cocoa powder, it also packs a major antioxidant boost for your skin. (via Humblebee and Me)
7. Plum and Coconut Body Butter: Speaking of pink, how about trying out this concoction? Coconut oil, plum kernel oil and jojoba wax make this the ultimate tool for a pampering sesh. (via Lola Zabeth)
9. Eczema Relief Body Cream: No one likes to talk about it, but the angry red flakes of eczema can get aggressive in the cold and dry winter. Use this cream to soothe even your worst symptoms. (via A Blossoming Life)
12. Cooling Aloe and Mint Body Lotion: While this would be perfect for calming skin after a sunburn, we think the cooling properties of aloe and mint would feel great after a long, hot shower too. Don’t you agree? (via GI 365)
14. Chocolate Hazelnut Body Lotion: Get your Nutella fix without the calories thanks to this body butter. Fun fact: Hazelnut oil actually tightens your skin and stimulates your circulation so it’s doubly good for you! (via Humblebee & Me)
15. Whipped White Chocolate Body Butter: Unfortunately this delicious smelling body butter doesn’t actually taste like white chocolate. But trust us, it should still be considered a worthwhile treat. (via The Prairie Homestead)
Which of these moisture-packed lotions are you most excited to DIY? Tell us below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)