Sheet cake is always a tasty treat — especially when you need to feed a crowd. But nothing WOWs like a poke cake, and they’re easy-peasy to make. Just bake as usual, poke holes in it, then pour syrup over the top. Dessert doesn’t get any better than this unless, wait for it, that syrup has a bit of BOOZE in it. Here are 14 booze-infused poke cake recipes that are sure to put a smile on the face of everyone who sees ’em and eats ’em.
1. Mojito Poke Cake: You don’t even have to be a mojito fan to HEART this cake. Zesty lime pairs so well with the sweet creamy syrup infusing the cake, it’s like a love letter to your taste buds. (via Lemons for Lulu)
5. Mint Julep Poke Cake: Each bite of this cake delivers a warm caramel note of bourbon with a cool, refreshing taste of mint. Bookmark it for the Kentucky Derby, and you’ll be the hostess with the mostest. (via Lemons for Lulu)
6. Easy Whiskey-Vanilla Poke Cakes: These little cakes are like the stealth bomber of the dessert world. They look unassuming on the outside, but they’re hiding a full quarter cup of whiskey that goes — POW — strait to the taste buds. (via Betty Crocker)
9. Mudslide Poke Cake: You’re looking at a dark chocolate cake, soaked in a spiked chocolate ganache with Kahlua chocolate pudding and a boozy chocolate mousse on top. No need to elbow your way to the front of the dessert table, folks, as this sheet cake offers plenty of chocolate and booze to go around. (via Beyond Frosting)
13. Margarita Poke Cake Recipe: This recipe calls for margarita mix to replace the liquid in any store-bought box cake mix. Make half of that liquid tequila and your friends will be toasting you with every boozy forkful. (via Nest of Posies)
If you’re always looking for that over-the-top dessert recipe, follow us on Pinterest for more.