Candy Crush: 20 Swoon-Worthy Butterfinger Recipes
Chocolate and peanut butter are a pretty tricky combo to pass up, and once a little crispiness is added to the mix, talk about irresistible! That’s probably why Butterfingers are still such a popular treat, despite the way they tend to make a mess when you bite into ’em. You’ll definitely want to lay a finger on these 20 terrific recipes featuring — or inspired by — this classic candy bar!
1. Chocolate-Butterfinger Overflow Cheesecake: Slice into this outrageous peanut butter-frosted cake to reveal a Butterfinger cheesecake center sandwiched between two brownie layers. (via Sprinkle Bakes)
2. Reese’s Butterfinger Cream Cheese Trifle: These desserts in jars are easily packed in your lunchbox or picnic basket, and are a great serve-yourself dessert option for your next party. (via Tastes of Lizzy T)
5. Butterfinger Donut Holes: We’ll take a baker’s dozen of these bite-sized Butterfinger donuts, please! These are cake donuts instead of yeasted, so they’re ready to enjoy in practically no time at all. (via The Baking Robot)
6. Butterfinger Shortbread Cookies: Chopped Butterfingers can be found flecked throughout these crisp, buttery shortbread cookies. Delicious enough on their own, the ganache and additional crushed candy topping can definitely be skipped… but why would we? (via Savory Simple)
7. Frosted Candy Bar Stuffed Cookie Cups: You’re sure to fool more than a few folks into thinking that these cookie cups are actually cupcakes. A great way to use up leftover Halloween candy! (via Kevin and Amanda)
10. Butterfinger Cupcakes: Loaded with peanut butter and Butterfingers, these totally-from-scratch cupcakes are meant for the peanut butter fan in your life. (via Confessions of a Cookbook Queen)
15. Peanut Butter Butterfinger Ice Cream: You’ll need an ice cream churn for this recipe, but trust that the fluffy, mousse-like ice cream that results makes the purchase totally worthwhile. (via She Wears Many Hats)
18. Butterfinger Fruit Dip: Marshmallow cream is blended with cream cheese, Cool Whip and chopped candy bars to create this beyond-fluffy fruit dip. (via Buns in My Oven)
20. Knock Off Butterfinger Cupcakes: Can you believe that these gorgeous cakes are totally gluten-free and vegan?! They feature a homemade crushed Butterfinger topping that uses dark chocolate for a grown-up, less-sweet twist. (via Allyson Kramer)
Can you resist laying a finger on a Butterfinger? Let’s talk about more favorite ways to use this classic candy in the comments below!