Chrissy Teigen Just Won Best Poolside Look of the Summer
Chrissy Teigen just schooled us all in how to kill it poolside. The model and soon-to-be cookbook author is known for her sense of humor andself-confidence, both of which were on full display in her latest soakin’-up-the-sun Instagram posts, along with flawless summer style, beauty and afternoon snack choices.
In one up-close selfie, Chrissy gave us the only style + beauty inspiration we need for the rest of summer: beachy, tousled hair, glowy skin + a super punchy coral lipstick. And then there’s that embellished Norma Kamali one-shoulder swimsuit + a vibrant pair of purple aviators by Victoria Beckham. We’re digging how bold she went with her lip color choice paired with the equally show-stopping violet sunglasses — both accents that can stand up to that studded one-piece — but kept it all balanced with casual #IWokeUpLikeThis hair. Never one to take herself too seriously, Chrissy followed up the glamour shot with a vid that shows hubby John Legend chillin’ in the crystal blue pool water, eating chicken wings off of his supermodel wife’s butt. I MEAN?!
It’s hard not to love Chrissy + John’s playfulness with each other, but it’s even harder to not want to steal every element of Chrissy’s look (chicken wing recipe included!). Scroll through to find the more affordable copycats that will get you through the rest of summer.
1. Steve Madden Women’s Aviator Sunglasses in Gun Purple ($25): These purple sunnies with a gradient lens tint will brighten any look you sport this summer. Plus, that striped detail on the upper crossbar is a funky accent.
2. Zerouv Aviator Mirror Lens Sunglasses in Red Mirror ($10): These super-summery, pinky-purple sunglasses aren’t just super affordable, but they’re also insanely head turning and come in a range of iridescent colors. You should probably add another hue or two of these to your sunglasses collection.
3. Quay Tainted Love Cat-Eye Shades ($50): Add some playful personality into your poolside look with these awesome shades. The cat-eye shape of them is way cool + the color of the lenses is the perfect shade of rosy lavender to complement the rose gold metal frames.
4. Change Soap Co. Pink Sea Salt Hair Texture + Volume Spray ($14): This bottle packs everything you need to achieve the perfectly messy beach wave look. The combo of Dead Sea Salt and Pink Himalayan Salts means that it will work mermaid magic into your locks.
5. Tigi Bed Head Candy Fixation Sugar Shock Hair Bodifying Sugar Spray ($11): By now, you are well aware that sugar sprays are quickly getting more + more attention for their texturizing powers. Expect to get fullness, body and a loose wave after spritzing this stuff.
6. Bumble and bumble. Surf Infusion ($30): This cult spray is basically the beach in a bottle. It contains salt, tropical oils and sea botanicals to give you all the same effects the ocean gives your hair. It also has UV filters to protect your locks from the damaging effects of sun. Score!
7. Venus Embellished One-Piece ($69): Get the same edgy vibe as Chrissy with this pretty suit. Its plunging neckline adds a provocative twist to the otherwise conservative suit style, and the embellishments add just the right touch of shine.
8. Ted Baker EEMMA Embellished Swimsuit ($136): This striking suit is eye catching thanks to its trendy cut-out panel and jeweled details on the chest. The low back adds another nice element. Wear this one and the sun will make you sparkle.
9. Target One-Shoulder Bandeau One Piece ($40): Even with the trendy one-shoulder detail, its classic cut makes this suit a timeless choice that can easily be accessorized with so many options. Bonus: This little number also has super flattering ruching in the waistline. Consider it your swimsuit LBD.
10. Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Zinfandel ($24): This electric lip pencil is the ideal coral shade to copy Chrissy’s — it’s almost identical! We love that it’s matte, super long lasting and goes on very precisely thanks to its pencil shape.
11. TONYMOLY Delight Tint Crayon in Delight Red ($10): A creamy lip crayon that offers serious color playoff? Sign us up. This Korean brand’s bright shade is buildable, so the more you put on, the more intense the color will get. We recommend piling it on to copy Chrissy’s look ;)
12. NARS Audacious Lipstick in Geraldine ($32): NARS makes great lipsticks, and this one is no exception with its lightweight texture and saturated color. This shade is an awesome orangey-red that would be flattering on most skin tones.
What’s your go-to pool look? Share yours with us in the comments below.
(Photos via @chrissyteigen, Jason Merritt/Getty)
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.