Chrissy Teigen Just Won Best Poolside Look of the Summer
Chrissy Teigen just schooled us all in how to kill it poolside. The model and soon-to-be cookbook author is known for her sense of humor andself-confidence, both of which were on full display in her latest soakin’-up-the-sun Instagram posts, along with flawless summer style, beauty and afternoon snack choices.
In one up-close selfie, Chrissy gave us the only style + beauty inspiration we need for the rest of summer: beachy, tousled hair, glowy skin + a super punchy coral lipstick. And then there’s that embellished Norma Kamali one-shoulder swimsuit + a vibrant pair of purple aviators by Victoria Beckham. We’re digging how bold she went with her lip color choice paired with the equally show-stopping violet sunglasses — both accents that can stand up to that studded one-piece — but kept it all balanced with casual #IWokeUpLikeThis hair. Never one to take herself too seriously, Chrissy followed up the glamour shot with a vid that shows hubby John Legend chillin’ in the crystal blue pool water, eating chicken wings off of his supermodel wife’s butt. I MEAN?!
It’s hard not to love Chrissy + John’s playfulness with each other, but it’s even harder to not want to steal every element of Chrissy’s look (chicken wing recipe included!). Scroll through to find the more affordable copycats that will get you through the rest of summer.
1. Steve Madden Women’s Aviator Sunglasses in Gun Purple ($25): These purple sunnies with a gradient lens tint will brighten any look you sport this summer. Plus, that striped detail on the upper crossbar is a funky accent.
2. Zerouv Aviator Mirror Lens Sunglasses in Red Mirror ($10): These super-summery, pinky-purple sunglasses aren’t just super affordable, but they’re also insanely head turning and come in a range of iridescent colors. You should probably add another hue or two of these to your sunglasses collection.
3. Quay Tainted Love Cat-Eye Shades ($50): Add some playful personality into your poolside look with these awesome shades. The cat-eye shape of them is way cool + the color of the lenses is the perfect shade of rosy lavender to complement the rose gold metal frames.
4. Change Soap Co. Pink Sea Salt Hair Texture + Volume Spray ($14): This bottle packs everything you need to achieve the perfectly messy beach wave look. The combo of Dead Sea Salt and Pink Himalayan Salts means that it will work mermaid magic into your locks.
5. Tigi Bed Head Candy Fixation Sugar Shock Hair Bodifying Sugar Spray ($11): By now, you are well aware that sugar sprays are quickly getting more + more attention for their texturizing powers. Expect to get fullness, body and a loose wave after spritzing this stuff.
6. Bumble and bumble. Surf Infusion ($30): This cult spray is basically the beach in a bottle. It contains salt, tropical oils and sea botanicals to give you all the same effects the ocean gives your hair. It also has UV filters to protect your locks from the damaging effects of sun. Score!
7. Venus Embellished One-Piece ($69): Get the same edgy vibe as Chrissy with this pretty suit. Its plunging neckline adds a provocative twist to the otherwise conservative suit style, and the embellishments add just the right touch of shine.
8. Ted Baker EEMMA Embellished Swimsuit ($136): This striking suit is eye catching thanks to its trendy cut-out panel and jeweled details on the chest. The low back adds another nice element. Wear this one and the sun will make you sparkle.
9. Target One-Shoulder Bandeau One Piece ($40): Even with the trendy one-shoulder detail, its classic cut makes this suit a timeless choice that can easily be accessorized with so many options. Bonus: This little number also has super flattering ruching in the waistline. Consider it your swimsuit LBD.
10. Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Zinfandel ($24): This electric lip pencil is the ideal coral shade to copy Chrissy’s — it’s almost identical! We love that it’s matte, super long lasting and goes on very precisely thanks to its pencil shape.
11. TONYMOLY Delight Tint Crayon in Delight Red ($10): A creamy lip crayon that offers serious color playoff? Sign us up. This Korean brand’s bright shade is buildable, so the more you put on, the more intense the color will get. We recommend piling it on to copy Chrissy’s look ;)
12. NARS Audacious Lipstick in Geraldine ($32): NARS makes great lipsticks, and this one is no exception with its lightweight texture and saturated color. This shade is an awesome orangey-red that would be flattering on most skin tones.
What’s your go-to pool look? Share yours with us in the comments below.
(Photos via @chrissyteigen, Jason Merritt/Getty)
Getting the word out about your brand takes time, drive, and ingenuity. And it doesn't come easy for many entrepreneurs. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're chatting with Selfmade alum Taylor Morgan McPherson, founder of Sustainable Sparkle Bar, about ways in which she scored press as a solo startup brand and what she learned from Selfmade to take her brand marketing up a notch.
B + C: How did you know Sustainable Sparkle Bar was your business to start?
Glitter has always been my thing, so when I started my event company I decided to make it my niche. I started telling people I threw glitter-themed parties where people would get sparkled with glitter body art and makeup. Six months after that I applied to my first festival and to work with SUR restaurant in West Hollywood.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
I honestly can't say that I've had a specific strategy that I've followed when it comes to getting my business off the ground. I have a PR background so I was just constantly pitching new business and posting on social media.
B + C: What's the biggest challenge you face as a small business owner?
I would say creating a stable income and revenue stream. With a seasonal, event-based business it can be very up and down.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
The relationships I made and the push to start an email database.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I love what I do and I believe in myself 100%. Staying motivated isn't the hard part. Pushing myself to do the work and staying accountable is the hard part.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip? Do you use any apps that help you manage your business?
I keep multiple to-do lists, hand-written and digital. I also tell clients and partners that I will have something to them by a certain time or day so I have to stick to it.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Just do it, take the leap. And don't worry about what anyone else says to thinks.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Issa Rae, I'm so inspired by everything that she's created being a creative and a black woman. It's my dream to have my own show one day based on my life and where I give advice and talk about the world. She's doing it and making people laugh and giving people joy. And it's based in LA. Watching Insecure only further cemented my dreams of wanting to live in LA.
B + C: How did you hear about the Office Depot scholarship?
One of my friends that I met through Camp No Counselors saw an IG ad for it and nominated me.
B + C: What has receiving the scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start/grow your business?
It's completely helped me level up and take my business to another level. Selfmade helped me host my first virtual event and taught me how to set up my website to sell tickets to events and get RSVPs.
B + C: How have Office Depot services or products helped you accomplish more in your business?
I got new cards to send in all of my orders with my discount code on them. I also bought a really cool 4K camera that I now use for my social media.
Let Office Depot OfficeMax help you stand out in the crowd. From signs, posters & banners to promote your business, to marketing materials to keep your customers informed, Office Depot OfficeMax offers a full suite of business services & solutions to help you & your business get noticed.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.