Chrissy Teigen Just Won Best Poolside Look of the Summer
Chrissy Teigen just schooled us all in how to kill it poolside. The model and soon-to-be cookbook author is known for her sense of humor andself-confidence, both of which were on full display in her latest soakin’-up-the-sun Instagram posts, along with flawless summer style, beauty and afternoon snack choices.
In one up-close selfie, Chrissy gave us the only style + beauty inspiration we need for the rest of summer: beachy, tousled hair, glowy skin + a super punchy coral lipstick. And then there’s that embellished Norma Kamali one-shoulder swimsuit + a vibrant pair of purple aviators by Victoria Beckham. We’re digging how bold she went with her lip color choice paired with the equally show-stopping violet sunglasses — both accents that can stand up to that studded one-piece — but kept it all balanced with casual #IWokeUpLikeThis hair. Never one to take herself too seriously, Chrissy followed up the glamour shot with a vid that shows hubby John Legend chillin’ in the crystal blue pool water, eating chicken wings off of his supermodel wife’s butt. I MEAN?!
It’s hard not to love Chrissy + John’s playfulness with each other, but it’s even harder to not want to steal every element of Chrissy’s look (chicken wing recipe included!). Scroll through to find the more affordable copycats that will get you through the rest of summer.
1. Steve Madden Women’s Aviator Sunglasses in Gun Purple ($25): These purple sunnies with a gradient lens tint will brighten any look you sport this summer. Plus, that striped detail on the upper crossbar is a funky accent.
2. Zerouv Aviator Mirror Lens Sunglasses in Red Mirror ($10): These super-summery, pinky-purple sunglasses aren’t just super affordable, but they’re also insanely head turning and come in a range of iridescent colors. You should probably add another hue or two of these to your sunglasses collection.
3. Quay Tainted Love Cat-Eye Shades ($50): Add some playful personality into your poolside look with these awesome shades. The cat-eye shape of them is way cool + the color of the lenses is the perfect shade of rosy lavender to complement the rose gold metal frames.
4. Change Soap Co. Pink Sea Salt Hair Texture + Volume Spray ($14): This bottle packs everything you need to achieve the perfectly messy beach wave look. The combo of Dead Sea Salt and Pink Himalayan Salts means that it will work mermaid magic into your locks.
5. Tigi Bed Head Candy Fixation Sugar Shock Hair Bodifying Sugar Spray ($11): By now, you are well aware that sugar sprays are quickly getting more + more attention for their texturizing powers. Expect to get fullness, body and a loose wave after spritzing this stuff.
6. Bumble and bumble. Surf Infusion ($30): This cult spray is basically the beach in a bottle. It contains salt, tropical oils and sea botanicals to give you all the same effects the ocean gives your hair. It also has UV filters to protect your locks from the damaging effects of sun. Score!
7. Venus Embellished One-Piece ($69): Get the same edgy vibe as Chrissy with this pretty suit. Its plunging neckline adds a provocative twist to the otherwise conservative suit style, and the embellishments add just the right touch of shine.
8. Ted Baker EEMMA Embellished Swimsuit ($136): This striking suit is eye catching thanks to its trendy cut-out panel and jeweled details on the chest. The low back adds another nice element. Wear this one and the sun will make you sparkle.
9. Target One-Shoulder Bandeau One Piece ($40): Even with the trendy one-shoulder detail, its classic cut makes this suit a timeless choice that can easily be accessorized with so many options. Bonus: This little number also has super flattering ruching in the waistline. Consider it your swimsuit LBD.
10. Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Zinfandel ($24): This electric lip pencil is the ideal coral shade to copy Chrissy’s — it’s almost identical! We love that it’s matte, super long lasting and goes on very precisely thanks to its pencil shape.
11. TONYMOLY Delight Tint Crayon in Delight Red ($10): A creamy lip crayon that offers serious color playoff? Sign us up. This Korean brand’s bright shade is buildable, so the more you put on, the more intense the color will get. We recommend piling it on to copy Chrissy’s look ;)
12. NARS Audacious Lipstick in Geraldine ($32): NARS makes great lipsticks, and this one is no exception with its lightweight texture and saturated color. This shade is an awesome orangey-red that would be flattering on most skin tones.
What’s your go-to pool look? Share yours with us in the comments below.
(Photos via @chrissyteigen, Jason Merritt/Getty)
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.