12 Non-Red Holiday Lip Colors to Amp Up Your Party Look
You’re so not doing the same old red and green party get-up, and your hair plans veer more messy bun than polished chignon. Needless to say, showing up in a traditional red lip color is just not your bag. Why settle for a crimson lippie when there are so many options to take your look from basic to daring? Here are 12 fabulous non-red lip colors for the non-traditional holiday beauty.
1. Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Gloss in Plum Gold ($26): This high-shine, shimmery gloss will have you as luminous as a sugar-plum fairy. The non-sticky, vitamin-enriched formula provides long-lasting color to keep your pout glossy all night.
2. ColourPop Lippie Stix in Wet ($5): This gorgeously cool-toned taupe lipstick is from new, cutting-edge beauty company ColourPop. Nude lipstick gals will especially like this holiday-spiced version of their go-to color.
3. Smashbox Be Legendary Cream Lipstick in Pout ($20): Channel vintage Barbie and pair this show-stopping bubblegum pink lipstick with a super crisp cat eye for a kitschy-fun party look.
4. NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Amethyst ($7): This purple cream lipstick will give your look a majorly unexpected pop of color. A vibrant and long-lasting deep purple-hued lip is both plush and perfectly vampy.
5. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Birkin Brown ($32): Packed full of 3D light-reflecting particles, this lip color will look amazing from every angle. A creamy, chocolatey hue like this one brings warmth to your makeup look, so rock it freely with your fave frosty white gown.
6. MAC Lipstick in Champagne Shimmer ($17): This color is the perfect companion for when you’re sipping on that glass of celebration bubbly. The peachy-nude with frosty gold shimmer will make you as effervescent as the sparkling rosé.
7. XO Memebox I’m Lip Crayon in Matilda ($9): A super bright coral-y toned lipstick is holiday party ready and will look incredible with everything from your festive Christmas sweater to your crisp white party dress.
8. Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Just a Glimmer ($5): For just a hint of gleam, go the clear shimmer route with this softening gloss. The best part is that the shimmer lasts for up to four whole hours, so you can spend more time charming the party and less time reapplying. Wear it alone or on top of any lip color to add a special pop.
9. Kat Von D’s Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Echo ($20): Satiny, navy blue lip color evokes serious snow queen vibes for your holiday party ‘fit. It will pair beautifully with a burgundy dress and gold jewelry.
10. Butter London LIPPY Liquid Lipstick Primrose Hill Picnic ($18): Punch up that pucker! This tropical fuchsia pink is so party-perfect that you’ll be dying to get caught under the mistletoe.
11. Benefit Cosmetics Chachatint Cheek & Lip Stain ($30): Bring a little bit of sunshine to your wintertime makeup with this warm stain. A striking mango tint on your lips (and cheeks!) will give you a gorgeous glowing look, especially on olive and tan skin tones.
12. Yves Saint Laurent Gloss Volupte in Gold ($32): Stand out at your Christmastime celebrations with a pretty golden pout. Get a killer shining glow with this YSL gloss that will have you more dazzling than all those festive twinkling lights.
No matter what your holiday plans look like this year, we know you want to feel present and able to embrace the warm and festive spirit to the fullest — not be bogged down by errands, stressful hosting duties, and last-minute shopping disasters. We wouldn't be surprised if one look at your December to-do list sent you into a full-on panic.