30 Macaron Recipes for Your Confection-Lovin’ Sweet Tooth
In honor of Bastille Day on July 14th, we’ve decided to embrace all things French, starting with dessert (obviously). While we do love a good hunk o’ birthday cake, we appreciate that French confections are often small enough to satisfy sweet cravings without ruining our healthy eating habits. So say goodbye to that post-dessert guilty conscience! These 30 macarons recipes will have you feeling like you’re on cloud nine (or even the top of the Eiffel Tower).
1. Rose Macarons: Macarons and roses are two of the most ladylike things we can possibly think of, so it makes sense that they’d taste this wonderful together. Someone, please throw a tea party and serve these. (via Fraîche Ideas)
6. Lavender Macarons With Honey Buttercream: We love the pairing of honey and lavender because the honey adds that extra needed sweetness to the delicate floral flavor. This might be another macaron recipe to add to your tea party menu, ladies. (via The Tart Tart)
10. Pumpkin Pie Spice Macarons With Caramel Dark Chocolate Ganache + Smoked Sea Salt: It’s basically an unspoken rule in the culinary world that the longer the name of the dish is, the better it tastes. That being said, these macarons must be ridiculously tasty. (via Cupcake Project)
11. Meyer Lemon Macarons: Meyer lemons are said to be a cross between a regular lemon and an orange, so these macarons harness all the citrusy power they can. They’ve got that wonderful little bit of zing that citrus-based desserts have. (via Delectable Deliciousness)
12. Lime Coconut Macarons With White Chocolate Coconut Ganache: Speaking of citrus, check out these lime coconut macarons! Forget Paris — these will take you straight to that tropical beach you’ve been dreaming about. (via Kaloria)
13. Peanut Butter + Jelly Macarons: For those of you who just can’t bear to part with your PB+J, these macarons are a lifesaver. Turns out this sandwich duo can even taste amazing in a dessert. (via Mimi’s Kitchen)
18. Almond Macarons With Caramelized White Chocolate Ganache: Almonds are one of the most versatile nuts, as they taste absolutely delightful in both sweet and savory foods. (via The Tart Tart)
21. Fruity Pebble Macarons: Yes, we’ll let you read that again. The oh-so marvelous Jessica at the Novice Chef has found a way to turn one of our favorite breakfast cereals into a dessert. (via The Novice Chef)
24. Rose Lychee Raspberry Macarons: Lychees are so uncommonly used in recipes that we just had to include this one. These macarons have both fruity and floral flavors… just the way we like it. (via Macaron Fetish)
25. Blueberry Macarons with White Chocolate Buttercream: These blueberry macarons are so beautiful. How elegantly delicate is that shade of purple? (Hint: the answer is very). (via Mostly Foodstuffs)
29. Salted Caramel Apple Cinnamon Macarons: Ah, apple and cinnamon. The Batman and Robin of American dessert recipes. They’ve made their way into French desserts, and we’ve never been more delighted. (via The Blonde Buckeye)
30. Champagne and Raspberry Chambord Confetti Macarons Recipe: Thirty amazing macaron recipes totally calls for a celebration. Pop the champagne! (via Best Friends for Frosting)
What’s your favorite French dessert? Do you love macarons as much as we do? Share your thoughts in the comments below!