9 Summer Dates for Outdoorsy Couples
If you’re the kind of person who’s dying to become a nature photographer or name your son Birch, we’re willing to bet you and your S.O. probably love the great outdoors. And since it’s summer AND the National Park Service’s centennial, there’s never been a better time to make like Tarzan and Jane and swing from vines together (or, you know, just head to a bike trail.) We’ve whipped up nine outdoorsy dates to help you find your next adventure.
1. Bike somewhere new. Biking is one thing, but opting for a new bike trail that you’ve never been on before will give you a chance to indulge your adventurous side. Who knows what you might find?
2. Kayak. If you’re near a body of water, rent a two-person kayak and test your teamwork and survival skills with your boo.
3. Head to the zoo. Most urban areas have an outdoor zoo, which can act as a great escape to the wild if your time or budget renders real wildlife inaccessible.
4. Grab a hammock. What’s better than a hammock? A hammock for two! Hunt down a huge hammock, find a forest (or a backyard) and get ready for the best nap ever.
5. See a movie or concert in the park. Get outside and be entertained at the same time. Most cities have movies or free concerts in the park, which are great options for spending time outside without leaving home. Add some wine and make it a summer picnic date.
6. Take a road trip. If you’re serious about getting outside, rent a camper van (or use your own) and head straight out into the great unknown.
7. Seek out a hilarious landmark. If you’ve ever driven down a highway, you’ve probably seen (but haven’t stopped at) one of America’s hilarious landmarks, like the World’s Largest Souvenir Travel plate in Illinois or the largest pecan in Missouri. Spend some time outside (and maybe take a break from that road trip) with a hysterical destination.
8. Hike to an awesome destination. Map out a hike that takes you somewhere incredible, like a waterfall, mountain or somewhere unusual in your hometown. Having a goal together will incentivize and motivate you, and you’ll get the bonus of a totally Instagram-worthy spot at the end of your trek.
9. Head to a botanical garden or conservatory. Many botanical gardens and conservatories are run by local and national parks services, making them a cheap and easy way to head outdoors while staying local.
Have any more outdoorsy date ideas? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Photos via Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)