Whether we’re trapped in a cramped and cluttered apartment bathroom or a lavish lavatory, it’s safe to say we all wish we had a bigger bathroom. Between makeup, accessories and hair products, there’s little room left for the important stuff like towels and tissues and toilet paper. Lucky for you, with a little ingenuity in your organization – and a few things you already have lying around the house – you can DIY the heck out of your bathroom storage. With plenty of room for *all* your stuff, the loo may just become your favorite room in the house.
1. Perfume Spice Rack: You know that spice rack in your kitchen? The one with all the spices you rarely use but pretend you do? Why not use it in the bathroom? It’s perfect for showing off all your perfumes, which are way prettier than McCormick bottles. (via Daily Makeover)
2. Stylish Storage Boxes: Go ahead and gather up all those boxes around your place. It’s time to make them way, way prettier. And much more useful. Add a splash of paint and you’ve got a stylish and effective storage tool. No boxes lying around? Use shoeboxes and find a better way to organize your shoes. Worst case: You need to do some online shopping. (Oh, darn!) (via We Are Scout)
3. Nail Polish Cookie Jar: Nail polish may not be as sweet as cookies, but put your collection together and it’ll be a lot more colorful. Might as well save the temptation of cookies and show off your favorite colors in a clear jar instead. (via Cosmo)
4. Bright and Cheery Jars: It’s time to clean out the pantry! Whip up some spaghetti, eat some pickles, dump the expired mayo (or whatever else it is you have gathering dust), because you’ll need the jars. Rinse them out and give them a burst of color with painted lids. Take it up another notch by adding knobs. (via My Life and Kids)
5. Half Bowl Wall Pockets: While you’re in the kitchen, check for some wooden bowls. Saw those babies in half and mount them on a painted board for the bathroom. If your bowls aren’t as pretty as these, use a coat of paint to spruce them up. (via Hative)
6. Ladder Towel Rack: If you’ve got an old, beat-up wooden ladder, then we have the perfect project for you! Sand it down, paint it up and prop it along the bathroom wall to hold your fancy towels and other small accessories. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
7. Bracelet Vases: You’ve got dozens of bracelets with no real place to put them, and a few vases tucked away you barely use because, well, you don’t often get flowers. Solution: break out the vases and use them to show off a bouquet of bracelets. Beautiful and practical! (via Whippy Cake)
8. Cake Plate Perfume Display: Use an old cake stand or DIY your own from a plate and a candlestick for this easy and modern perfume display. The best part: If you bake a cake on a whim you can always set the perfume on the counter for the day or two you want to display the cake instead (if it even lasts that long). (via Dream Green DIY)
10. Magazine Rack Holder: It’s time to recycle those old Cosmos and find a better use for your magazine holders, like for curling irons and straighteners. Standing them up straight frees up lots of counter space and keeps cords untangled. (via Cosmo)
11. Bathroom Bucket Bags: If you know your way around a sewing machine or needle and thread, you can easily turn some leftover fabric into modern bucket bags to store makeup and accessories. If not, it’s time to hit up Grandma for some sewing lessons. (via The Lovely Drawer)
12. Towel Wine Rack: Okay, it may be hard to part with your wine rack, but isn’t it time for a bigger one anyway? Any excuse to have more wine is okay with us. In place of wine bottles, place rolled-up hand towels into the rack for guests to use. (via Cosmo)
13. Display Tray: Give your makeup tray a makeover with just a sheet of vellum paper. Now all you need is a pretty vase and flower to sit on top along with the rest of your accessories. (via A Charming Project)
14. Cutlery-Turned-Hair Accessory Organizer: Cure the clutter with a cutlery organizer! Rather than storing utensils, use it to store all the hair accessories you have. Now you won’t have to go digging to find your favorite hair ties. (via Redbook)
Are you living with a tiny bathroom? Share your storage tips and tricks in the comments!