DIY This Easy Ted Baker Velvet Dress and Bring on the Holiday Vibes
It’s about that time of year when your inbox turns from business inquiries to a crowded hangout for holiday party invites. And we know how you feel: You can never have enough party-ready options for all your glitzy fêtes without breaking the bank. But don’t worry, girl — we’re here to help you celebrate in style.
Materials and Tools:
- simple velvet dress
- old white shirt
- old studded earrings
- fabric scissors
- fabric glue
1. Take your shirt and cut it as shown below to create a bib.
2. Insert the bib and glue it to the dress. Then let it completely dry.
3. Cut out the sleeves so that they’re 12 inches long.
4. Insert the first sleeve and glue it to the dress, then repeat on the other side.
5. Glue your old earrings to the collar.
First of all, take your white shirt and cut it as shown below to create a sort of bib. You can use an old shirt or look for a thrifted one at your local store. Next, protect your surface and insert the bib. Then carefully glue it to the dress.
At this point, it’s time to cut out the sleeves. Mine were more or less 12 inches long. Now insert the first sleeve as shown above and glue it to the dress, then repeat on the other side.
Lastly, glue your old earrings to the collar and wait for the glue to completely dry. Voilà, you’re done!
Pair the dress with your fave long-lasting lipstick and a pair of glitzy heels, and you’re good to go!
Are you going to try this hack? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!