With the Fourth of July officially behind us, we can put those red, white and blue DIYs behind us for a while. Instead, let’s focus on some projects that can really take your summer to the next level. Maybe that means creating some epic pool party decor or maybe it means upcycling a thrift store skirt into a trendy, cut-out dress. Whether you’re in need of a quick project or a more intensive undertaking, here are 10 projects to tackle before Monday’s return.
1. Fruit Slice Balloons: Take that summer BBQ to the next level with these adorable, customizable balloons. (via Studio DIY)
2. Circular Wall Hanging: Thought yarn was only a winter crafting supply? Think again, my friend! (via Brit + Co)
3. DIY Cornhole: Summer is undeniably the season of lawn games. When you’ve had enough croquet, give this classic game a try. (via Lovely Indeed)
4. Illusion Collars: Peter Pan collars were so 2014. The newest take on the t-shirt trend? Illusion collars. (via Brit + Co)
5. Box Sofa: In the market for a new sofa? Skip the trip to IKEA and make your own instead. We promise, it’s not as scary as it looks. (via Homemade Modern)
6. Ombre Rope Leash: Because you’ll only have the best for your pup, right? Step up your dog-walking game with this super stylish leash. (via Brit + Co)
7. Faux Espadrilles: Want to rock the most popular shoe of the season but don’t have the dough to buy a new pair of shoes? Easy: Give an old pair new life with just a little bit of hot glue and twine. (via Brit + Co)
8. Custom Neon Sign: Skip the high cost of having a neon sign custom made and opt to assemble it yourself. (via Life and Lisa)
9. Watermelon Fans: Keep cool and look good doing it. (via Damask Love)
10. Cut Out Dress: This blogger took a long, high-waisted skirt and transformed it into this super trendy summer dress. (via A Pair and a Spare)
Do you have any projects planned for the weekend? Share your ideas with us in the comments below.