Living a life full of creativity is easy, but like most things, it just takes a little nudge to get started. We’re DIY addicts over here, and we’re constantly trying to find new ways to make anything from cheese to gadgets right at home. We’ve found the easiest way to get going is with a kit: a handy little box that comes with instructions and everything you need to make your own creation. With this diverse starter kit arsenal, you’ll be ready to DIY anything and everything.
1. DIY Thirsty Plant Kit ($32): This moisture sensor will save your plants from neglect. After it’s built, the sensor will light up when your plant is dry.
5. Little Bits Base Kit ($99): This one is made for the kiddos (but really, adults can use it too). Anyone can start a DIY life as tech pros with a battery-operated race car that they can build themselves.
6. Artisan Wine Making Kit ($40): Wine making is a science, but with this kit, you’ll have all the parts you’ll need for you own vino lab. You’ll get three gallons of wine just from one kit. Cheers to that.
8. Culinary Herb Garden Starter Kit ($30): If you’ve ever grown your own fresh basil or rosemary, you know that there’s nothing like having fresh herbs budding right in your own kitchen.
9. DIY Synth Kit ($36): Get your jam on after you build your very own synth. This thing can hook up to a keyboard, or just make a whole slew of noises on its own.
10. B+ Raspberry Pi Starter Kit ($117): This isn’t that kind of pie. This is the kind of pi that helps you learn programming so you can know the inside of your tech as well as the outside.
11. The Art of Shaving Kit ($20): Nothing says “I’m a dapper gentleman” like a proper shaving kit. Give this to the men in your life who deserve a little pampering.
13. SunMod Solar Hacking Kit ($20): For only 20 bucks, this kit gives you the tools and know-how to give anything solar power. Make your remote, mouse… basically anything battery-operated into a gadget that runs on the sun.
14. Underground Mittens ($30): Knit away with all the tools you need to make your own mittens this winter.
15. Glass Etching Starter Kit ($29): Those plain glass vases aren’t going to etch themselves. Add a personal touch of elegance to every jar and vase you can find.
16. American Pale Ale Beer Brewing Kit ($45): Get your brew on with this kit that gives you what you need to make your very own beer. Bonus: The kit is totally reusable.
17. Homemade Gin Kit ($50): All you need to turn vodka into gin is some bartending tools and some juniper berries. That’s exactly what you’ll get in this kit.
18. Burrata + Marscapone Kit ($25): Wine and cheese night is on you. Make eight batches of these smooth, creamy cheeses that are perfect with fruit.
19. DIY Hot Sauce Kit ($25): On a scale of mild to fiery, this hot sauce recipe is flamin’. Okay, maybe the spice scale is relative, but we do know that this makes a worthy rival for Tabasco.
20. Kombucha Home Brew Kit ($45): There’s nothing like the extra health benefits of home-brewed kombucha, not to mention it’ll spare your wallet while helping you tackle your daily habit in a more economical way.
21. DIY Organic Soda Making Kit ($30): Even without a SodaStream, you can make your own fizzy concoctions that’ll have you ditching the store-bought stuff.
22. DIY Chai Tea Making Kit ($20): Every season is chai season, but winter is the ideal time to sip on the best of spiced lattes, and now you can make your own.
23. Mushroom Kit ($20): Just add water to this box and out grows edible mushrooms in just over a week. And we’re not talking just any mushrooms — we’re talking gourmet oyster mushrooms.
24. Moss Terrarium Kit ($25): Get growing with this budding terrarium perfect for low-maintenance greenery anywhere in the house.
25. San Francisco Sourdough Starter Kit ($26): Not only will you get a mighty fine loaf of bread, but you’ll also get a pretty sweet piece of retro-style stoneware where your loaf can grow.
26. Fox + Doll Cat Eye Kit ($35): Ready to step up your makeup game for all those upcoming holiday parties? Perfect the art of the cat eye with this handy dandy kit.
What are you going start DIYing? We’d love to know your favorite kits in the comments!